- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
- Sales Manager (Europe Division)
"Jacques Mayol: "Chile directed more to China and less to Europe"
"Frost damage but Chilean cherry production not too bad"
Production in line with last year
After the heavy frost in Chile this season serious damage was expected in the cherry orchards. "But that could have been worse compared to other top fruit. Also there is a continuous increase in the Chilean cherry area, which compensated for the shortage of fruit. Finally the production will be about the same as last year. Also Argentina this year had problems with frost, but that was a lot more severe than with the Chilean cherries. This year there will not be much on our market from Argentina."
"Over the past few years China has grown to become a new promising destination for Chilean exporters, especially for cherries. This market has not as yet reached maximum capacity and as a result exporters are not looking at Europe as much as in the past. But I expect that when the new cultivations in Chile are in full production, they will move their attention to Europe again".
"The prices of the cherries are between 10 and 15 Euro in Europe depending on sizes and varieties. The general quality is good and up to now clients mention that they enjoy them" the trader concludes.
For more information:
Jacques Mayol S.A.
112-154, Quai des Usines
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-29 Blueberry, grape and stone fruit prices higher as weather irregularities affect availability
- 2023-11-29 British Berry Growers launches campaign and policy board to ensure a sustainable future
- 2023-11-29 Millions of US apples will go to hungry families
- 2023-11-29 Sweet Karoline blackberries arriving late December
- 2023-11-29 New varieties of Ukrainian apples are successfully exported
- 2023-11-29 "If these apple varieties get more expensive, demand will only get weaker"
- 2023-11-29 "We are seeing a good crop set on all blocks and are expecting the biggest volume of cherries ever"
- 2023-11-29 "Despite better prices, Jonagold consumption still lags"
- 2023-11-29 November hail causes irreparable damage to fruit crops in Santa Catarina state
- 2023-11-29 Challenges and prospects in Southern Russian horticulture
- 2023-11-29 Lidl tops British apple month sales as Tesco falls short of 2022 performance
- 2023-11-28 Poland to start exporting apples to Indonesia in 2024
- 2023-11-28 Trucks with grapes still await clearance at Torkham border gate
- 2023-11-28 Grapes are straying into commodity area
- 2023-11-28 Apple farmers protest governmental policies in Srinagar
- 2023-11-28 'Australian cherry crop volume a little lower, fruit sizes are larger'