- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
- Sales Manager (Europe Division)
GLOBAL G.A.P. endorsed by International Accreditation Forum (IAF)
What is the International Accreditation Forum Multilateral Recognition Arrangement (IAF MLA)? Accreditation bodies (ABs) that are signatories to the IAF Multilateral Recognition Arrangement (MLA) are evaluated regularly by an appointed team of peers to provide confidence in the operation of their accreditation programs. The structure and scope of the IAF MLA consists of five levels:
Level 1 specifies mandatory criteria that apply to all accreditation bodies (ISO/IEC 17011).
The combination of a Level 2 activity(ies) and the corresponding Level 3 normative document(s) is (are) called the main scope of the MLA, which includes activities such as product certification and associated mandatory documents such as ISO/IEC 17065. The attestations/certifications made by CBs at the main scope level are considered to be equally reliable.
The combination of Level 4 and Level 5 relevant normative documents is called a sub-scope of the MLA, which includes conformity assessment requirements such as ISO 9001 as well as, from now on, the GLOBALG.A.P. scheme specific requirements. The attestations/certifications made by CBs at the sub-scope level are considered to be equivalent.
GLOBALG.A.P. only works with those ABs that are in the IAF-MLA for product certification. To date we have 35 ABs that are recognized by GLOBALG.A.P. and that are likely to extend their scope of the IAF MLA to include the GLOBALG.A.P. Integrated Farm Assurance scheme.
The IAF MLA delivers the confidence needed for market acceptance of conformity assessment outcomes. An attestation/certification issued within the scope of the IAF MLA by a body that is accredited by an IAF MLA signatory Accreditation can be recognized worldwide, thereby facilitating international trade.
What does this mean for GLOBALG.A.P.?
From now on, the peer evaluation process will not only take into account generic product certification requirements, but also the specific GLOBALG.A.P. normative documents that are now endorsed by the IAF. This adds yet another layer of assurance that the ABs accrediting the GLOBALG.A.P. approved certification bodies (CB) are competent and knowledgeable about GLOBALG.A.P.
Kristian Moeller, Director GLOBALG.A.P., said: “This fantastic achievement is a result of the ongoing close consultations and excellent relations between the IAF, its members and GLOBALG.A.P. for more than a decade. It is a milestone in international harmonization, and on behalf of all our stakeholders, I want to thank every expert involved in this endeavor!”
Randy Dougherty, IAF Chair, said: “The decision by IAF members to endorse the GLOBALG.A.P. scheme is the first step in establishing the IAF MLA for GLOBALG.A.P. and I am confident we can build upon the prior MOU to expedite the IAF MLA.”
For more information:
Phone: +1 (613) 454 8159
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-24 Enhancing farming practices with sustainable agrivoltaic solutions
- 2023-11-24 European Commission allocates funding of almost €52 millions to Greek and Slovenian farmers
- 2023-11-23 Brussels adopts 2024 work program for food promotion
- 2023-11-20 Gujarat agri marketing board appoints new director
- 2023-11-17 "Our pool of interim managers can help solve companies' bottlenecks and peaks"
- 2023-11-17 Argentina's central bank allows a slight weakening of the peso
- 2023-11-16 Dollar drops after data shows inflation cooling
- 2023-11-16 Washington and Oregon fruit packers vote against creating union
- 2023-11-15 Camposol appoints Ricardo Naranjo Fernandez as chief financial officer
- 2023-11-15 Tosca welcomes Marco González as Managing Director for Central Europe - Downstream
- 2023-11-14 Egypt contemplates barter trade due to currency pressures
- 2023-11-10 The Greenery appoints David Markowski as new CEO
- 2023-11-02 Bernardo Calvo joins Sun World as President/COO
- 2023-10-24 The impact of California’s new climate accountability laws on food and agriculture companies
- 2023-10-17 Sun World International expands global marketing and quality teams
- 2023-10-06 BluePrint Automation announces Gijsbert Dezaire as new CEO