- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
- Sales Manager (Europe Division)
Ausveg: OECD report a warning to over weight Australians
The peak body for vegetable and potato growers, Ausveg, has voiced its concern over the findings of the OECD report, Health at a Glance 2013, stating that Australians need to take a long, hard look at their eating habits and incorporate more fresh vegetable produce into their diets.
“It is disturbing to learn that more than a quarter of the Australian population – approximately 6.5 million people – is now obese. Vegetables are an integral part of a well-balanced lifestyle, and as previous research has shown can play an important role in weight management,” said Ausveg spokesperson, Cameron Brown.
“All Australians need to be actively involved in reducing the burden of obesity on the health care system by revisiting their eating habits. The OECD’s report is a stark reminder of the need for many Australians to consider the food they’re consuming.”
“We encourage consumers to incorporate more Australian-grown, nutritious vegetables into their diets. You’re not only helping yourself, but also the thousands of farming families across the nation who work hard to feed our nation,” said Mr Brown.
For more information:
Tel: +61 (03) 9882 0277
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-29 Eating more nuts during middle age might prolongs people’s lives by 8 years
- 2023-11-29 Former Prime Minister encourages vegetable consumption to fight NCDs
- 2023-11-28 ‘Consumption of mangoes could help athletes with muscle recovery’
- 2023-11-06 New study suggests that ‘one avocado a day may keep diabetes at bay’
- 2023-11-03 Strawberry consumption may reduce dementia risk for middle-aged people
- 2023-11-01 Blackcurrant and citrus extracts might help prevent type 2 diabetes
- 2023-10-30 Could pumpkins be the superfood of the future?
- 2023-10-27 Increase your stamina with bananas, beetroot, walnuts and other nutrient-filled foods
- 2023-10-24 Survey shows that Japanese do not eat enough fruit or vegetables
- 2023-10-24 Study suggests that strawberries might mitigate risk of Alzheimer's
- 2023-10-20 Produce prescriptions may promote better heart health in the US
- 2023-10-18 Banana juice might offer several medical advantages for men's wellbeing
- 2023-10-16 Ancient Peruvian crops studied as they might aid in tackling type 2 diabetes
- 2023-10-13 Could eating bananas be a good way to lose weight?
- 2023-10-06 Grape consumption benefits eye health in human study of older adults
- 2023-10-06 Cranberries are beneficial for the heart and will help cure UTIs