- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
- Sales Manager (Europe Division)
up $189 million from fiscal year 2012-2013
Blue Diamond Growers almond sales soar to $1.2 billion
Value-added sales volume increased by 14 percent, even with a crop that was 7 percent smaller, according to President and CEO Mark Jansen who addressed the cooperative's grower owners at their 103rd annual meeting. Value-added sales now represent more than 60 percent of the co-op's revenue, including manufactured ingredients and consumer retail products.
"We accelerated our transformation into a global branded food manufacturing company, while making significant investments to ensure continued profitable growth. In April we opened our Almond Innovation Center on our Sacramento campus followed by the June grand opening of our Turlock plant, the largest single investment in the history of the California almond industry," said Jansen.
"This is the third year in a row for returning record revenue per acre to Blue Diamond growers. The 2012 crop exceeded the 2011 record by 21 percent, making the final total grower payment of $828 million the largest single payment ever made to almond growers!"
Margin enhancement projects included improved manufacturing yields and faster processing lines, resulting in cost reductions of $11.3 million, for a three-year compounded savings of $38 million.
Energized by enhanced advertising investments and new products, sales thrived in 2012-13. In North America, the branded consumer business increased 30 percent to $469 million.
Internationally, Blue Diamond's branded sales were up 90 percent in volume versus the prior year, while net sales were up 95 percent. For the first time in the cooperative's history, branded advertising aired on three continents - North America, Australia and Europe.
Blue Diamond Global Ingredients sold fewer commodity almonds in a short crop, but still managed to grow its manufactured ingredient business volume by 14 percent. This business has doubled in size over the last four years.
For more information please visit the website at www.bluediamond.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-29 EU extended duty-free imports of fruits, vegetables and nuts from Uzbekistan for another 4 years
- 2023-11-29 Stanley growers say summer and autumn crop is looking good, chestnuts too early to tell
- 2023-11-29 Unprecedented agroforestry initiative was launched in Acre, Brazil
- 2023-11-28 War in the Middle East shifts demand from Israeli Medjool dates to Egyptian dates
- 2023-11-28 "In terms of quality, California is expecting one of the best harvests ever"
- 2023-11-28 Walnuts show great promise as a profitable South African crop
- 2023-11-23 California almond acreage drops again in 2023
- 2023-11-23 “A return to normal with smaller harvest”
- 2023-11-21 "My internal optimism still believes California is the idea place to grow tree nuts"
- 2023-11-21 Outlook for US walnut industry is mixed, despite excellent harvest
- 2023-11-21 Papua New Guinea ready to export galip nuts across the world
- 2023-11-20 Turkish expert suggests planting hazelnuts at higher altitudes
- 2023-11-17 How macadamia shells could help reduce carbon emissions
- 2023-11-15 Tree nut prices fell to their lowest levels in at least two decades
- 2023-11-15 Almond Board of California harnessing AI to inspire almond innovation
- 2023-11-14 Production of Portuguese walnuts at lower level this season