- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
- Sales Manager (Europe Division)
Murcia's broccoli export campaign kicks off with good prospects
"Spain: "Broccoli supply insufficient to cover all demand"
According to the exporter, temperatures only need to drop a little for the quality of the broccoli to improve, "but it seems that the campaign will have a good start, without any of the complications experienced last year," which was one of the most difficult in recent memory, with very severe quality and availability problems. "Events like last year's are very negative for the sector, even though prices reached all-time highs."
"Our goal is to maintain similar production volumes every year, but there is a noticed reduction in the yield per hectare this season compared to a normal campaign. Consequently, there is no overstock and fresh supply is starting to be insufficient to cover all demand, which makes things easier to negotiate prices and reach a fairer position in the market," affirms Jesús Abenza.
With an annual production of 32,000 tonnes of broccoli, Alimer has become Spain's largest producer. The company makes its own selection of the best seeds and produces its vegetables with advice from its own field technicians. Alimer also owns a processing and packing plant adapted to the needs of the most demanding clients.
For more information:
Jesús Abenza, Manager
Camino de Villaespesa, s/n. Lorca, Spain
+34 968 460 812
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-29 Smooth transition for greens to Yuma in 2023
- 2023-11-29 “This year we want to reach the English market with our organic products”
- 2023-11-29 "Broad celeriac sales with no outliers, cold could boost demand"
- 2023-11-29 Unusually strong Florida tomato market
- 2023-11-29 “Saturated” French tomato market
- 2023-11-29 "Half-heartedness won't get you to the top"
- 2023-11-28 UK growers warn of Christmas vegetable shortage due to wet weather
- 2023-11-28 Fresh Select overcomes challenges to lead innovation in salad and leafy greens industry
- 2023-11-28 Vegetables prices up in Lahore markets, despite new arrivals
- 2023-11-28 Prices of iceberg lettuce stabilized
- 2023-11-28 "The area devoted to artichoke this season in Lorca decreased by 30%"
- 2023-11-28 California grower celebrates 100 years
- 2023-11-27 Tomato yields decrease in Morocco as the weather gets colder
- 2023-11-27 Nice profits leads to increased summer cabbage, cauliflower, tomato cultivation in Bangladesh
- 2023-11-27 Ontario organic growers feeling pressure on pricing amid rising production costs
- 2023-11-27 "Challenging weather conditions for lamb's lettuce sowing"