- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
Record number of Brazilians attend PMA’s Fresh Summit
The group was organized by key retail chain Grupo Pao de Acucar, the traceability company PariPassu, and Valeska Oliveira, PMA’s Brazilian representative who leads efforts to connect buyers and sellers, exchange industry information and address solutions to industry problems for the Produce Marketing Association in that country. Participants learned about key industry trends, effective ways to engage consumers, and how supermarkets are working to stay closer to consumers while involving suppliers in this goal. Additional ‘take aways’ included information about production, traceability, and food safety systems. Of course, high on everyone’s list was the contacts and business opportunities they gained.
As noted by one of the participants, the common purpose of the trip was to gain knowledge because knowledge brings innovation (a compelling theme of the event). Among the group there was a strong sense of community and the understanding of the need to collaborate on common goals such as increasing sales of high quality produce.
All are looking forward to next year’s PMA Fresh Summit in Anaheim, California October 17-19, 2014. Produce Marketing Association is a global trade association serving more than 2,800 member companies in 55 countries around the world, providing critical market information and connecting members throughout the global produce and floral industries.
For more information about PMA’s Fresh Summit, visit www.freshsummit.com. For more information about PMA, contact Valeska Oliveira (email@example.com).
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-01 Namibian farm laborers destitute after Aussenkehr fire
- 2023-11-29 Portuguese police discovers four tons of cocaine in banana shipment
- 2023-11-29 Rosselkhoznadzor limits supplies of seed and planting material from the Netherlands
- 2023-11-29 Pakistani rupee set to end the year as Asia’s worst-performing currency
- 2023-11-28 Eskom to implement Stage 4 load shedding until Saturday
- 2023-11-28 Dollar slipped last week due to drop in private sector employment
- 2023-11-28 Celebrating the impact of global community giving
- 2023-11-28 Africa’s new online foreign exchange system will enable cross-border payments in local currencies
- 2023-11-27 Windbreaks for the protection of orchards
- 2023-11-27 Protest in Shepparton against Murray-Darling Basin Plan water buybacks
- 2023-11-27 Nigerian and Kenyan currencies under pressure this week
- 2023-11-23 PEF Methodology: Game-changing authentication for green product claims
- 2023-11-23 Berry entrepreneurs in Huelva venture into the medical cannabis industry
- 2023-11-23 Soil fatigue: the theory of the inhibitory role of self-DNA
- 2023-11-21 Chinese yuan shifts to being second-biggest trade currency
- 2023-11-21 Crop Trust and Plant Treaty pledging more than $100,000 to safeguard genebanks in Laos and Sudan