- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
AU: Growers have their say at National Issues Forum
Citrus Australia Chair Tania Chapman says the Forum was a very different format to the typical citrus conference, but that it had paid off. “Forum participants have given us a clear list of priorities to go away with.”
Moree citrus grower Dick Estens, who was appointed a Director at the Citrus Australia annual general meeting on Monday, says growers have a role to play in building a strong, healthy, internationally competitive citrus industry. “You’ve got to have strong regional representation and you have to have plenty of ideas coming from individual members.”
He says an open mind and an ability to adapt to change are crucial, as is speaking positively about the industry, which is now performing strongly. “A big thing going forward for the citrus industry has to be promoting itself as a success.”
West Australian citrus grower – and now Citrus Australia Director – Shane Kay is looking forward to doing his part for the industry. “I’ve been involved in the citrus industry for more than 20 years and my family has been involved for three generations. It’s good to be part of a group that’s involved in making a difference to the future of Australia’s citrus industry.”
Tania welcomed Dick and Shane, and paid tribute to outgoing Directors Kevin Cock and Greg McMahon. “Kevin and Greg have contributed to the success of our industry and its national peak body. We wish them the very best for the future. We are delighted to have Dick and Shane join us. Dick will bring an extra focus on juice, while Shane brings with him a West Australian perspective. Both are well-placed to help take our industry forward.”
For more information please visit www.citrusaustralia.com.au
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-08 "The demand for clementines has been overwhelming from the start"
- 2023-12-08 "With a total of three citrus brands, we offer our customers a wide range of products"
- 2023-12-08 IGP oranges from Algarve, Portugal are at the start point
- 2023-12-08 "Calabrian PGI clementines in demand on the French market"
- 2023-12-08 Are EU member countries' identification of pests reliable?
- 2023-12-08 APHIS designates the State of Alabama as a commercial citrus-producing area
- 2023-12-08 Californian citrus prices up, walnuts prices low
- 2023-12-07 Brazillian orange prices reach record high
- 2023-12-07 Vietnam exports first 'Dien' pomelos to US
- 2023-12-07 $20 million earmarked to bolster Florida citrus industry
- 2023-12-07 US fresh orange crop increased by 2% YoY
- 2023-12-07 São Paulo heatwave a concern for citrus growers
- 2023-12-07 'Spanish Navelinas dominated the market for blond oranges'
- 2023-12-06 Georgia producing only 15 percent of its normal citrus supply this season
- 2023-12-06 Soroti Fruit Factory resumes operations
- 2023-12-05 Lime pricing still stronger