- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Hillfresh exclusively market persimmon Agricola Antoluz on European market
"EU: "Persimmons more popular every year"
Hillfresh has with persimmon producer Agricola Antoluz S.L., the largest private grower of persimmons in Spain, an exclusive arrangement in respect of the marketing of persimmons in Europe. Most of the Spanish persimmon are grown in Valencia, but the persimmon of Agricola Antoluz come from the province of Huelva.
All persimmons are of the variety Rojo briljante. "There are not many small sizes this year. We mainly offer the middle and large varieties," Kees says.
"This year we double the volume. We expect to go from 3 million kg. to 6 million kg. During the coming years still more young trees will come into production. We expect a production of 16 million kg. within a number of years," the importer says. He expects that there certainly will be a market for that. "Persimmons increase in popularity every year, causing the demand to increase strongly."
For more information:
Kees van den Heuvel
Tel: 0031 180-898070
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-30 "Latin America and Indonesia have opened up because their regular suppliers had smaller harvests"
- 2023-11-30 Australian farmer exports melons to Japan rather than deal with Coles and Woolworths
- 2023-11-30 Dreams of a united table grape industry association
- 2023-11-30 Christine Scalzi Crowned 2023 Cherry Queen as auction raises $60,000 for Variety SA
- 2023-11-30 Eastern China's Weihai saw 14,000 tons of apples exported in Jan-Oct
- 2023-11-30 Ukrainian companies continue to increase their presence in the global berry market
- 2023-11-30 Exporting Costa Rican fruits to the Asian Market
- 2023-11-30 Australian apple orchard still going strong, 70 years on
- 2023-11-30 Tennessee research looks at adding antimicrobials to stone fruit coatings
- 2023-11-30 New research could pave way for fall blueberries in Florida
- 2023-11-30 Red Prince apple volume up another 30 percent in Ontario
- 2023-11-30 Cantaloupe shippers concerned over outbreak fallout
- 2023-11-30 Ocean freight will drive availability of cherries in North American stores
- 2023-11-30 “It was impactful to start the import grape deal from Peru much earlier”
- 2023-11-30 Australian grape industry navigates a season of uncertainty
- 2023-11-30 "Chile is one of the few countries in the world to have all its fresh fruits approved to enter the Chinese market"