- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
Argentina: Fruit and vegetable exports increase
The total fruit production for 2013 showed an increase of 2.3 %, driven by the increase in the harvest of peaches and plums, according to a report from IES Consultants, Sectoral Economic Research. That group also estimated that vegetable production will grow 2.1 % compared to last year.
Fruit exports totaled $ 869 million in the first eight months of 2013, with a rise of 11.2 % in value and 5.6% in volume. The report indicates that the poor production of pears and apples in the northern hemisphere caused a sharp rise in international prices in 2013, which eased the tense domestic situation.
"However, the prospects are grim for the future, since the export prices would remain at current levels next year," it warns.
The production of the main fruits in the 2012/13 campaign remained at the same level as in the previous season, with an increase in pears, apples and limes which offset the decline in the harvest of tangerines, grapefruit and oranges.
Pear exports totaled $ 374 million in the first eight months of the year, a 20.5% increase since, in addition to higher prices (5.4%), the volume sold grew by 14.4 %.
Lime exports reached U.S. $ 226.4 million, a 14.6% increase since there was a bigger volume sold (5.4%) and a 8.7% increase in its average export price.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-08 Photo Report New York Produce Show
- 2023-12-08 Recommendations for Minister of Food to enhance food security
- 2023-12-08 "Getting TOVs from regular Dutch growers again"
- 2023-12-07 EU largest citrus producer despite Spanish drought
- 2023-12-07 "The Engrosmarkt continues to be an important indicator for us"
- 2023-12-07 Botswana extends ban on South African fresh produce
- 2023-12-07 Can CEA truly tackle the water crisis?
- 2023-12-06 From high-tech to lower-quality products that are acceptable to different demographics
- 2023-12-06 Murcia seeks to increase fruit and vegetable exports to the United States
- 2023-12-06 Jamaican consumers facing significant increase in cost of basic vegetables
- 2023-12-06 UK: Defra called to publish impact assessment of farm policies to avoid “sleepwalking” into food crisis
- 2023-12-06 “Egypt's imports may not be easily reduced, and could even increase”
- 2023-12-05 "Support your Farmer" enables regionality and short distances
- 2023-12-05 Seasonal winter veg increase in price in the wholesale markets
- 2023-12-05 "The demand for Spanish kakis increases every year"
- 2023-12-05 “Supermarkets make substantial profit on fruit and vegetables”