- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
PEI potato harvest nears completion thanks to island workers
Naturally, it takes many hands to get those potatoes out of the ground and into storage. Even with modern, labour saving harvesting equipment, potato growers across the province employ a significant number of Islanders at this busy time of the year. Many growers, like Vernon Campbell of Mull Na Beinne Farms in Grahams Road, have a core group of employees that return to work for him every harvest season. "These hard working people are essential to our operation," says Vernon. "I don't know what we would do without them. Many of them return to work for us each year and their skills and knowledge help to make our harvest efficient and safe."
The potato industry continues to a major employer and an economic engine in Prince Edward Island, employing 12% of the Island labour-force directly or in spin-off employment. The potato industry in PEI creates a total economic impact of $1.065 billion dollars.
The new crop of Prince Edward Island Potatoes are already on store shelves across Atlantic Canada and will soon become more prominent in other Canadian and American markets.
For more information:
PEI Potato Board
Tel: +1 (902) 892-6551
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-08 Ukraine's onions prices on the rise but still below last year's
- 2023-12-08 Indian government bans export of onions until March 31, 2024
- 2023-12-08 Traders cease onion and potato supply due to VAT charges
- 2023-12-08 India expects increase in inflation due to volatile price of staple veg
- 2023-12-08 "There is confidence across the industry that we won’t be running short of potatoes for your Christmas dinner"
- 2023-12-08 Dutch breeding company introduces HTPS to Kenya
- 2023-12-07 Potato industry leaders to meet in Berlin
- 2023-12-07 "Climate issues and the need for convenience means the industrial onion market will only become busier"
- 2023-12-07 Smaller holiday bump expected for Ontario potatoes
- 2023-12-07 'First Cypriot and Italian potatoes have arrived'
- 2023-12-07 “1,000 tons of Sunions expected this year”
- 2023-12-07 Irish retail demand and consumption of potatoes remain buoyant
- 2023-12-07 "Processing sector sweet potato sales are booming"
- 2023-12-07 Import Dynamics in the Southern Urals: fewer tomatoes, more onions
- 2023-12-07 "Demand for onions extremely high this week"
- 2023-12-06 Transitioning from Peruvian to Mexican Mayan Sweets as sweet onion season shifts