- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
58% of Germans buy organic fruit and vegetables
Organic mainly in supermarkets
Organic in Germany is mainly bought in the normal distribution channels: the conventional supermarkets (82%), discounters (64%), bakeries (58%) and weekly markets (57%). To buy from producers is becoming more popular. That applies to 54% of the consumers (+4%). They emphasize the short and transparent production chains.
From own region
Clear production chains are appreciated more and more by the German consumer.
92% of all persons questioned prefer foodstuff from their own region, irrespective whether they come from popular or organic production. As the consumer gets older, is better educated or has a higher income, the appreciation for regional grows. For the town's man the regional origin plays a more important role than for people from the country. The combination 'organic' and 'from own region' is 77% of those questioned a decisive argument to purchase. Three out of four are also prepared to pay more for that. This mainly applies to Western Germany and a little less for the eastern federal states.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-06 "Focused organic expertise under one roof"
- 2023-11-17 AMI figures and data on organic potatoes and vegetables in Germany
- 2023-11-10 WUR and partners to support Chira Valley organic banana growers
- 2023-11-10 Combating climate change with artificial intelligence, water technology and robotics
- 2023-11-07 6th Biofruit Congress confirms rebound in growth of organic market
- 2023-11-06 Market Development Facility and Fijian farmers sign ginger farming deal
- 2023-11-03 “Highlight of a decisive year for the sector”
- 2023-10-27 Organic produce sales and volume edge up again in Q3
- 2023-10-24 "We as farms are already organic - now it's time to make the customers organic too"
- 2023-10-20 U.S. Specialty Crop Coalition endorses legislation addressing nutrition, organics
- 2023-10-19 IFPA applauds introduction of new organics legislation
- 2023-10-19 West-Bengal Agricultural Marketing department unveils ‘Organic market’ at New Town
- 2023-10-19 "We are looking forward to the Peruvian season, despite the challenges"
- 2023-10-18 Pennsylvania’s organic mushroom production area more than doubled from 2019 to 2021
- 2023-10-17 "Great organic potential in developing countries"
- 2023-10-10 US scientists study watermelons to improve organic cultivation