- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Ukraine: October forecasts of rising prices is wrong
"APK-Inform: Vegetables and Fruits" analysts explain that to increase the price by 15-20% as a result of a "desire to compensate for the loss" is impossible in a market economy. The price depends on supply and demand, and if vegetables and potatoes are haversted mostly in October, the products supply grows. And if demand grows significantly less, then the price goes down but not vice versa.
On the website www.fruit-inform.com in the section "Prices" you can make sure that the prices for carrots, beets, onions, cabbage and potatoes, tend to be lower at the end of October than at the end of September. And the losses of farmers have absolutely nothing to do with it.
Source: APK Inform: Vegetables and Fruits
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-30 Soaring vegetable prices in Belarus despite abundant harvest
- 2023-11-30 Concerns about endive harvest quality
- 2023-11-30 PGRO Descriptive List expands with 11 new pea and bean varieties
- 2023-11-30 German market gardening in a European comparison - food sovereignty and food security take center stage
- 2023-11-30 "The production of vegetables such as leeks and carrots will be reduced this season in Andalusia due to the drought"
- 2023-11-30 “So far, prices have stayed high in the 2023 garlic campaign”
- 2023-11-30 "Moroccan tomatoes sell well in Spain and the UK, but Dutch clients must get used to the prices"
- 2023-11-29 Smooth transition for greens to Yuma in 2023
- 2023-11-29 “This year we want to reach the English market with our organic products”
- 2023-11-29 "Broad celeriac sales with no outliers, cold could boost demand"
- 2023-11-29 Unusually strong Florida tomato market
- 2023-11-29 “Saturated” French tomato market
- 2023-11-29 From eggplants to bullseyes: Dirk is the 'Aubergenius'
- 2023-11-28 UK growers warn of Christmas vegetable shortage due to wet weather
- 2023-11-28 Fresh Select overcomes challenges to lead innovation in salad and leafy greens industry
- 2023-11-28 Vegetables prices up in Lahore markets, despite new arrivals