- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
Emcaral offers safe conservation of apples and pears
Ethylene (C₂H₄) is a natural gas, emitted by all fruits & vegetables. The ethylene contamination during conservation speeds up the ripening, aging and microbial decay of fresh produce. This results in loss of quality, more waste, shorter shelf life. In other words: reduced profits.
Different fruits & vegetables emit different amounts of ethylene. Apples are among the fruits producing the highest rates of ethylene. Furthermore, ethylene contamination has an auto-catalytic effect in climateric fruits like apples : the more ethylene accumulates in the coldstore, the higher the rate of ethylene emission of the fruit.
Emcaral provides STO12 modules to purify the atmosphere during the conservation of apples and pears. The modules are placed on top of the pallox in front of the evaporators. The air goes through our filters where the ethylene is oxidized and comes out purified. This way we eliminate the ethylene that accumulates in the cold room. Unlike other products, this solution does not interfere with the natural evolution of the fruit . The apples/pears stored with STO-12 will keep their natural properties and develop desirable organoleptical properties (taste and flavor). The STO12 system can be used in the storage of organic fruits.
For more information:
Petra Van Poelje
Tel. +34 93 237 13 62
Fax. +34 93 380 76 02
Postharvest solutions: www.bioconservacion.com
Industrial solutions: www.bioconservacion.eu
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-31 Apple grower Rockit hopes to see more orchards planted in New Zealand
- 2022-10-28 EU apples: Smaller fruit sizes and lower volumes due to drought and heatwave events
- 2022-10-27 Good campaign for Angelica di Romagna pears
- 2022-10-26 Ireland: locally-grown apples and pears hit Tesco shelves for first time in years
- 2022-10-25 Apple trade with China offers South Africa a welcome counterpoint to poor European pear sales
- 2022-10-24 Kenyan apple growers set out to expand global market share
- 2022-10-21 Apple grower-shipper focuses on thinking outside the box
- 2022-10-20 'British apples really are among the best in the world, but they need saving'
- 2022-10-19 "Good development of KIKU and EVELINA"
- 2022-10-18 "Sweet Sensation sales off to good start"
- 2022-10-17 "Electricity in Greece costs well over 100% more this season"
- 2022-10-14 “If we sold all of the apples now, we wouldn’t have any fruits later in the season”
- 2022-10-13 Blue Whale invests in Candine to win back young French and European consumers
- 2022-10-12 Yoichi Orchard: About 60 varieties of fruit crops, used for practical training and cutting-edge research
- 2022-10-11 “While Chilean and Brazilian apples failed in India last year, Poland and Turkey both did really well”
- 2022-10-10 Kanzi partners positive about new European season despite difficult market conditions