- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
Portable ethylene sensor measures fruit ripeness from “Stem-to-Sale”
Ethylene-management is a major factor in controlling fruit handling and storage environments. Weighing only 2.43 kg, the F-900 promises “stem-to-sale” ethylene monitoring: “Because it is so portable and easy to use, growers can monitor ethylene at every stage of the fruit cycle, from harvest to warehousing, shipping, and even the end point-of-sale,” says Michael Larman of Felix Instruments. “It makes processing decisions far more accurate, it’s non-destructive, and is simple enough for anyone to use.”
Controlling the “stem-to-sale” process provides the control needed to present customers with an ideally fresh product. “It’s no secret that a reliable product is the holy grail for fruit producers. It’s especially crucial to succeeding in the premium-branded fruit market,” says Leonard Felix, President of CID, Bio-Science. Establishing and maintaining a credible fruit brand such as Cuties™ clementines or Zespri Gold™ kiwis hinges on being able to control every point of the production and delivery process to provide a reliable product. Measuring ethylene makes it possible for precise ripeness control through every stage of fruit handling.
The F-900 is especially useful for managing the shipping process. The F-900 automatically measures ethylene output during shipping and storage for months if needed, replacing guesswork with data for controlled atmospheres. With a resolution of 1 ppb (1 part per billion) for ethylene, the new F-900 was developed to meet the most exacting laboratory conditions. Testing in U.S. crop development programs has ranged from monitoring sweet potato cultivars to developing mango harvest protocols.
The F-900 Portable Ethylene Gas Analyzer is a welcome development in precision fruit management, offering growers the chance to bring lab-quality precision to their production processes for an affordable price. The F-900 is manufactured by Felix Instruments, a newly formed subsidiary of CID Bio-Science, Inc., which has been providing research scientists with plant science tools since 1989: www.cid-inc.com.
Tel: +1 360-833-8835
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-04 Research on new rootstocks for stone fruit trees
- 2023-11-30 Self-driving technologies could revolutionize UK agriculture
- 2023-11-01 "Cold chain temperature monitoring maximizes shelf-life and reduces food waste"
- 2023-10-31 Electrolyzed water to fight fungal diseases in protected crops
- 2023-10-24 Photo report: Novelties on display during IFPA 2023
- 2023-10-13 Breakthrough for non-destructive portable spectrometers now measuring sugar content and dry matter
- 2023-10-12 NZ cherry growers are investing in Upright Fruiting Offshoot system
- 2023-10-05 Researchers develop high-frequency wireless technology to determine fruit quality
- 2023-10-04 Two Qatari students come up with new kind of 3D-printed carrot
- 2023-10-03 "We are ready to expand into major international produce markets"
- 2023-10-02 G's Growers receive top agritech honors at FPC Fresh Awards 2023
- 2023-09-29 Using airborne science instruments to detect grapevine leafroll disease
- 2023-09-29 UK govt allocates £12.5 million to projects focused on green farming innovation
- 2023-09-28 Drones in Agriculture: perspectives for using
- 2023-09-21 SaniTomato preserves the properties and freshness of tomatoes for longer
- 2023-09-18 Two new tomato varieties of interest to the world of producers and processors