- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
French/Dutch collaboration to deliver high quality star ruby grapefruit
“We import our volumes from the Antunes region in Michoacan de Ocampo in Mexico, definitely the best growing region for grapefruit in Mexico. For some years we have been working with one professional grower, who has more than 600 hectares of grapefruit in production, as well as a wonderful packing facility in which to process the harvest. This gives us full control over production standards and export quality”.
Guy Lesvenan confirms that his Mexican imports are all from a production area which is GlobalGap certified, and that it meets the stringent European import requirements. He recently visited Mexico, and as always was highly impressed by the warm hospitality of the Mexicans. He says that he was just as impressed with the level of social responsibility awareness which his supplier has integrated in the farm. “The large-scale farm provides employment to many people from the village of Antunes, and my supplier is well-known as an employer who cares for his workforce”.
The Netherlands-based fresh produce specialist Cool Fresh International cooperates with Miles in marketing the ‘Ruby’ brand grapefruit to clients all over Europe. According to Jean Paul van Wijk of Cool Fresh International a number of factors make it very easy to market this product. “The combination of Brix levels of between 11° and 14°, juice content of between 40% and 60%, and a thin and smooth skin this product gives us a product which tastes great and looks good. The fact that a broad spread of sizes is available (from 27 to 60) also goes a long way towards fullfilling programs both in the traditional markets as well as in niche segments”. Van Wijk says that he has been collaborating with Guy Lesvanan for many years, and their relationship has always been mutually satisfying.
For more information:
Cool Fresh International
Tel:+ 31 88 3 777 111
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-07 Brazillian orange prices reach record high
- 2023-12-07 Vietnam exports first 'Dien' pomelos to US
- 2023-12-07 $20 million earmarked to bolster Florida citrus industry
- 2023-12-07 US fresh orange crop increased by 2% YoY
- 2023-12-07 São Paulo heatwave a concern for citrus growers
- 2023-12-07 'Spanish Navelinas dominated the market for blond oranges'
- 2023-12-06 Georgia producing only 15 percent of its normal citrus supply this season
- 2023-12-06 Soroti Fruit Factory resumes operations
- 2023-12-05 Lime pricing still stronger
- 2023-12-05 Valley citrus growers prepare for 2023 frost season
- 2023-12-05 High kinnow production affects prices
- 2023-12-05 China, Pakistan, and Turkey emerged as the primary suppliers of mandarins to Kazakhstan
- 2023-12-05 Clemson University-led team renews funding to tackle devastating citrus disease
- 2023-12-05 "Our Moroccan citrus can compete on Northern European market"
- 2023-12-05 Potential climate change impacts on South American and South African citrus
- 2023-12-04 "In just five years there has been a total transformation of the citrus sector"