- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
- Sales Manager (Europe Division)
"Michel Schrijnemakers: "Apple harvest is dissappointing"
Apple harvest Smaller
"The first reports from the growers though is that the apple harvest is going to be disappointing. There are not many apples in the trees, due to the Spring frost. The apples just got too cold and far too many fell from the trees. Therefore with fewer harvested, there will be more demand than availability. This in all likelihood will result in good prices. Where apples are concerned we can pretty much get exactly the same prices as last year," predicts Michel.
Size of pears lags behind
"We have more pears, only they are smaller in size due to the dry weather we had," said the Auction Director. "In general there are more pears growing in the trees. I am therefore sure to expect that Grove pears will fetch good to very good prices. For the rest we will have to see. It is still very early in the season and we are just getting started."
The supply at Auction South-Limburg will follow the line as last year. "We will see a few more apples and pears offered. In the apples this comes with the growth of brand Jumani. Those trees are a year older and have a higher volume. Furthermore, we are close to the storage volume of last year," stated Michel.
For more information
Cooperatieve Fruitveiling Zuid-Limburg
Aan de Fremme 33
6269 BK Margraten
Tel: +31 43 458588
Fax: +31 43 4588599
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-28 Photo report: expoSE/expoDirekt trade fair duo
- 2023-11-28 Blockade of Poland-Ukraine border leads to increase in retail prices for imported goods
- 2023-11-28 Focus on agriculture in Bhutan as parties pledge new strategies
- 2023-11-28 Recycled phosphorus fertilizer reduces nutrient leaching, maintains yield
- 2023-11-28 Goulburn Valley grower abandons crop blaming high mark-ups at supermarkets
- 2023-11-28 The trade of produce and technologies with two African nations
- 2023-11-28 Flood control measures in place in Kenya as Karimenu II dam fills up
- 2023-11-28 FTAs help strengthen trade cooperation between Vietnam and Japan
- 2023-11-28 “The world needs 100% sustainable agriculture”
- 2023-11-28 Forces combine to shield Australian vegetable industry from exotic pest threats
- 2023-11-28 How is fresh produce displayed in US stores?
- 2023-11-28 Brussels greenlights EU-New Zealand trade deal
- 2023-11-27 Namibia’s horticultural exports more than doubled in the past seven years
- 2023-11-27 Movement of blueberries from Mexico expected about the same
- 2023-11-27 EU agri-food trade remained stable in summer 2023
- 2023-11-27 Exports by Iranian rural cooperatives expected to increase by 300%