- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
Turkey: Ser Pak announces successful cucumber vapour control results
Prolong Vapour Control has technology with Modified Atmosphere (MA) and high moisture vapour transmission rate (MVTR).
MA is what slows down respiration, inhibits ethylene and decay and thereby maintains freshness during prolonged storage and transportation.
High MVTR is what will eliminate excess condensation and reduce the risk of decay associated with it on the one hand and prevent excess dehydration on the other, is therefore a prerequisite for a successful product. At the consumer side there is excellent product visibility and a concentrated fruit aroma and juicy fruits when opening the pack.
Cucumbers benefit from Prolong Vapour Control modified atmosphere conditions which slow down ageing, inhibit decay and chilling injury. The high relative humidity within the packaging environment also reduces weight loss. Although storage in Polyethylene based modified atmosphere packaging has a risk since the film has a low moisture vapor transmission rate, excess moisture in the packaging is likely to expedite decay, grow mould, either during the storage/transportation period or after removal from the packaging.
When cucumbers are packed and stored or transport correctly in Prolong® Vapour Control packaging, characterized by high moisture vapor transmission rates, storability can be extended to up to 3 weeks.
Prolong® packaging extends the post-harvest life of Cucumber during storage and transportation
Main Benefits are as follows:
• Maintains skin gloss and green colour.
• Maintains overall freshness and appearance
• Maintains flesh firmness and crispness.
• Minimises moisture loss and weight loss
• Reduced decay
For more information:
Nazmiye Guler Akbulut
Ser Pak Co Ltd.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 "Next month there could be a shortage of lettuce in the market"
- 2022-11-25 Is inflation affecting Ontario carrot demand?
- 2022-11-25 Organic vegetables are doing well
- 2022-11-25 Growers can use a test kit to detect ToBRFV before plants even shows signs
- 2022-11-25 Zimbabwean growers frustrated by tomatoes being smuggled in
- 2022-11-25 “The winter broccoli season is starting slower than expected”
- 2022-11-25 "The forecasts that producers had in Almeria were inaccurate"
- 2022-11-25 The organic market gains three new vegetable varieties
- 2022-11-24 Kabul residents complain of high vegetable prices
- 2022-11-24 "Cauliflower shortage has allowed its price to remain at an average of €1.20 per kilo"
- 2022-11-24 Less concerns about the ToBRFV virus this year in Sicily
- 2022-11-23 Pricey lettuce has restaurants and grocers pulling salad from menus and shelves
- 2022-11-23 Peak Brussels sprouts crop ready for holiday season
- 2022-11-23 Fresh-cut segment balances between problems and innovations
- 2022-11-23 New vegetable varieties being released
- 2022-11-23 Coles and CSIRO team up to create vegetable snack
- 2022-11-23 Stagnating to declining acreage for open ground vegetables in Hesse
- 2022-11-23 The German vegetable sector is facing up to the current challenges
- 2022-11-23 Karachi citizens bear brunt of gap between official and retail vegetable prices
- 2022-11-23 Colombo Municipal Council switches to vegetables amid looming food crisis