- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
US: FPFC Members contribute 13 salad bars at holiday event
At the close of the auction, Dick Spezzano, Co-chair of United’s Let’s Move Salad Bars to California Schools campaign, announced his personal donation, which inspired other industry colleagues to make personal contributions to the campaign as well. Campaign Co-chairs Frieda Caplan, Frieda’s, Inc., and Lisa McNeece, Grimmway Farms, also spoke, hailing the benefits of salad bars and encouraging broad support from the industry.
Earlier this year, FPFC donated salad bars to schools in Sacramento and Anaheim. The FPFC Board members were so impressed with the positive response from students and school officials that they decided to recognize United’s Let’s Move Salad Bars to California campaign at their annual holiday event.
“The enthusiastic and generous response to the California salad bar campaign was just tremendous. FPFC truly believes in this cause and we are so honored to have their support and the support of their members,” said Jeff Oberman, United’s vice president of membership. “We look forward to celebrating this effort together with these members next May in San Diego at the 2013 United Fresh Convention where we’ll announce the total salad bar donations to California schools."
FPFC and all other contributors will be recognized at the Let’s Move Salad Bars to California Schools celebration press conference on May 15 at the United Fresh 2013 Show in San Diego, where the milestone industry donation of 350 salad bars to California schools will be announced. The press event will bring together California students, school officials, produce industry donors, government officials and public health advocates.
For more information:
Tel: +1 202-303-3407
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-23 Jamaica Producers veteran Marshall Hall has died
- 2022-11-18 Seasonal workers urged to sign NFU letter to the Immigration Minister
- 2022-11-14 World Bank plans insurance help for Central American farmers
- 2022-11-11 How rising energy prices, fluctuating exchange rate affects Dutch cultivation and trade, plus several other developments
- 2022-11-10 NZ: Stink bugs at the border
- 2022-11-10 Large increase of brown marmorated stink bugs poses serious threat to Oregon crops
- 2022-11-10 Freshfel Europe calls to introduce international SPS standards
- 2022-11-08 Labor arbitrage, fruit and vegetable imports, and supply chain resiliency
- 2022-11-07 Minister Enoch Godongwana responds to media reports regarding Eskom remarks
- 2022-11-02 Change at the helm of APM Terminals Nordics
- 2022-11-02 Freshfel Environmental Footprint Initiative embarks on shadow PEFCR for fruit & vegetables
- 2022-11-01 World Potato Congress board of directors congratulates Xiaoping Lu
- 2022-10-20 Labor exploitation investigation prompts launch of 'fairer temp agency'
- 2022-10-18 Freshfel Europe calls for action against soaring energy prices and its impact on fresh produce
- 2022-10-18 Growers angry over new overtime regulations
- 2022-10-17 Sustaining local communities in Honduras with an off-season corn-planting program
- 2022-10-14 Blue Diamond Growers President and CEO Mark Jansen announces plans to step down
- 2022-10-13 Spanish Government approves a legislative package for the implementation of the CAP in the fruit and vegetable sector
- 2022-10-13 The World Potato Congress Inc. welcomes its new executive director
- 2022-10-06 Collaborations and economic opportunities between Italy and Tanzania