Aartsenfruit warns the sector of email hacking

Aarstenfruit has fallen victim to a hacked email and has suffered $35,000 of damage as a result. What happened? Stock was purchased in China with 25% down payment. This all happened according to plan. The supplier received the money and shipped the stock. We, however, received a mail requesting us to deposit the other 75% (after shipment and documents) into a different account, and did this.

Afterwards it turned out that the mail was hacked, and forged into every details (even to the Rabobank statements!). Let this be a lesson for everyone! A rule was immediately put into place here: every new bank statement of change of bank details must be verified by phone. For any other information you can contact the person below.

For more information:
Jack Aartsen
T: +31 (0)76 - 52 48 110
F: +31 (0)76 - 52 48 102

Publication date:

Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here

Other news in this sector:

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber