- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Arava: Marketing premium strawberries from the Gaza Strip
The season itself it expected to last till Mid-February with cumulative amounts of approximately 400 tons of fruit. The variety chosen this year is Tamar, a very well known specimen of strawberry which is best characterized by its sweet flavor, tenderness and, extended shelf life. To add some spice and differentiation, Arava Export Growers Ltd. had taken upon itself the task of branding this year's yield by perfecting the sorting process for better consistency and quality. In addition to that, Aravoa is introducing a new line of packaging that includes black boxes, designed punnets and attractive stickers. "This action is for the benefit of ensuring superior quality, consistency and, distinctiveness. We want to make sure that European markets will be well aware of the Gaza Strawberries and, consciously, place them on a higher rank than the competition".
In recent months steps had been made by Palestinian Crops to certify all growers with a Global Gap certificate and, at the same time, implement a strict protocol for MRL residue levels.
Omer Kamp, of Arava, said "It is with great pride that we can proclaim to have tested the fields with ZERO tolerance and yet, achieve full success. All growers are now certified and, with no exception, MRL tests came out clean.
"It is essential to point out that many efforts were given for this season to succeed. Aside from the technical issues, the growers and Arava are fully committed to show the benefits of mutual cooperation and how it could make a difference in perceptions."
Fruit is now available in packaging of 10x250 and is available from:
Fruit World NL.
Total Produce Ireland.
Pacific Produce UK.
Garden Frutta Italy.
For more information:
Tel: +972 3 97 28 127
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-30 "Latin America and Indonesia have opened up because their regular suppliers had smaller harvests"
- 2023-11-30 Australian farmer exports melons to Japan rather than deal with Coles and Woolworths
- 2023-11-30 Dreams of a united table grape industry association
- 2023-11-30 Christine Scalzi Crowned 2023 Cherry Queen as auction raises $60,000 for Variety SA
- 2023-11-30 Eastern China's Weihai saw 14,000 tons of apples exported in Jan-Oct
- 2023-11-30 Ukrainian companies continue to increase their presence in the global berry market
- 2023-11-30 Exporting Costa Rican fruits to the Asian Market
- 2023-11-30 Australian apple orchard still going strong, 70 years on
- 2023-11-30 Tennessee research looks at adding antimicrobials to stone fruit coatings
- 2023-11-30 New research could pave way for fall blueberries in Florida
- 2023-11-30 Red Prince apple volume up another 30 percent in Ontario
- 2023-11-30 Cantaloupe shippers concerned over outbreak fallout
- 2023-11-30 Ocean freight will drive availability of cherries in North American stores
- 2023-11-30 “It was impactful to start the import grape deal from Peru much earlier”
- 2023-11-30 Australian grape industry navigates a season of uncertainty
- 2023-11-30 "Chile is one of the few countries in the world to have all its fresh fruits approved to enter the Chinese market"