Enrique Sanchez Cruz, Director in Chief of SENASICA, said that the Eleven Rivers® Regulatory Scheme is unique in the industry for its integral reliability program, weekly producers compliance verifications and standards above any governmental regulation.
SENASICA, the Mexican National Service of Agro Alimentary Health, Safety and Quality, is the counterpart of the FDA and is the Mexican authority concerning food safety and risk reduction management.
The Eleven Rivers® Program was established to develop and align participants to deliver the highest fresh produce reliability, based on:
- Most demanding buyers’ requirements to support its offering
- Business Practices guidelines of global commercial organizations
- Tomato metrics format for a better understanding in the market
- Regulatory agencies’ politics, norms and scopes
- Production-to-distribution food safety
- Point-to-point traceability
- Risk reduction management
- Process control systems
- Labor, social and ecological responsibility
Each participating production unit compliance is supported by a seasonal integral certification and weekly verifications, both executed by independent auditing organizations, certified and authorized by SENASICA to operate under the Eleven Rivers® Regulatory Scheme.
SENASICA’s recognition of the Eleven Rivers® Regulatory Scheme, is a step towards the harmonization of standards and other benchmarking processes with GFSI and GlobalGAP.
This recognition also supports that Eleven Rivers is continuously delivering the highest reliability to the market and verifying what the final client cannot see, from crop to packaging, workers housing and transportation to distribution centers.
For more information:
Tel: +1 401 427 0940