- Packing Supervisor
- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Italy: Production down for the winter fruits, but making money is not easy
"The performance of the apple marketing campaign - Tobia said - would have been great if there was not a slump in consumption. Meanwhile, the prices of fertilizers and pesticides are skyrocketing, not to mention the fuel! The production, however, is good quality, although it has suffered from the drought. "
"The production of pears - Tobias continues - was poor, due to the Spring rains, the quality is decent, as well as the price, much better than last year."
"Regarding kiwi, production and price are satisfactory, but only because the rest of the world lacks of production," said Tobias, stating: "What counts, however, is that despite this trend, we can hardly make any income. As recently observed also by the chairman of a committee for consumer protection, the products of the land are not adequately remunerated and producer prices have been pretty much stuck in the post for 20 years."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-31 “Weather from February to April will have deep impact on cherry quality and volume”
- 2023-01-31 Main destinations for Brazilian fruit in 2021 were EU, US, Argentina and Canada
- 2023-01-31 Prices of Gala apples in Moldova are too low for the local farmers but too high for the EU buyers
- 2023-01-31 Good quality and size a feature of 2023’s New Zealand export apple crop
- 2023-01-31 "Pear market begins year with a bang"
- 2023-01-31 Strawberry boxes for Valentine's Day soon on the shelves
- 2023-01-31 Michigan Red Delicious and Gala apples expected to do well in Mexico
- 2023-01-31 The Victorian stone fruit grower selling main orchard to focus on other 'exciting' opportunities
- 2023-01-31 Fresh fruit exports from Chile generated US$4.360 billion in revenue
- 2023-01-31 SA grape farmers face more challenges amid rolling blackouts
- 2023-01-31 Serbian berry producer optimistic about opportunities in Europe
- 2023-01-30 South African industry set for an average pome fruit export crop in 2023
- 2023-01-30 Global producer prepares for future through climate protection and resilient varieties
- 2023-01-30 "Unlike some of our competitors, we won't have to increase prices"
- 2023-01-30 Agrícola Cerro Prieto shipped out its 1,000th container of fresh blueberries of the season
- 2023-01-30 Logistics improvements tested as Chile ships greater volumes of stone fruit
- 2023-01-30 Sociedad Agrícola Rapel exports some 4,500 containers of fruit each year
- 2023-01-30 "Soft fruit demand doubled in January"
- 2023-01-30 “Grape export volumes will pick up starting from week 6”
- 2023-01-30 "If organic apple sales don't rise, we'll never get our Jonagolds sold"