- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
- Operations Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
- “Laser micro-perforated bags extend bananas' shelf life by three weeks”
- GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW POMEGRANATE
- New York Produce Show remembers Jim Prevor
- New banana varieties set to provide Aussie consumers with greater choice in the future
- A new fresh produce export line is launched in Beni Mellal, Morocco
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Central Otago cherry growers expect record volumes of fruit this season
Top 5 -last month
Peter McBride announced as Zespri chairman-elect
Mr McBride is one of five grower-directors on Zespri’s eight-member board. He has been a Zespri director since 2002 and deputy chairman of the board since 2008.
Mr McBride has been a kiwifruit grower since 1989 and he and his family have invested in, and been committed to, the growth of the kiwifruit industry through their orchard holdings since 1979.
Beyond the kiwifruit industry, his career has also involved agribusiness development and management of apple and dairying enterprises. Mr McBride is also the current chairman of Kiwifruit Vine Health, the pan-industry body established to manage the response to the kiwifruit vine-killing disease Psa-V.*
“The kiwifruit industry, with Zespri as its marketer, is one I have an enormous passion for. It is New Zealand’s largest horticultural exporter and Zespri is one of the world’s leading horticultural marketing companies.
“While the industry has had a very tough time from Psa – and its impacts will continue to be felt for a number of years yet – I believe we will overcome the disease. As Zespri chairman, I will be committed to doing all I can to navigate the industry through these current tough times and returning it to its long-term growth path.
“Zespri’s challenge is to return as much money to growers’ pockets as possible, while ensuring the company retains the capability to take advantage of long-term growth opportunities as the industry overcomes Psa,” Mr McBride said.
Outgoing chairman John Loughlin said Mr McBride is known for his industry leadership in innovation and plant breeding, as well as his work as a long-serving Zespri director.
“Peter’s knowledge as a grower, his chairmanship of KVH and his business experience makes him the ideal person to lead Zespri through the significant challenge of Psa.
“I know that Peter will serve the industry well during his time as chairman,” Mr Loughlin said.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Apeel will lay off a total of 96 employees from its Goleta office
- 2022-12-02 Berry grower/shipper offers expanded scholarships for 2023
- 2022-12-02 BBL acquires Share Logistics Group
- 2022-12-01 Limoneira announces new vice president of field operations
- 2022-12-01 Nile’s futuristic vision is gaining traction in Southern Africa
- 2022-12-01 Australian Table Grape Association welcomes new board members
- 2022-11-30 DPD Netherlands acquires Cool Runnings Transport BV
- 2022-11-30 'Third quarter sales best in the history of the company'
- 2022-11-30 Joy Wing Mau Group and China Aerospace reach strategic cooperation
- 2022-11-30 Citrus, avocado and grape importer announces new warehouse expansion
- 2022-11-30 Avocado board program educates future board participants
- 2022-11-30 Murcian company with a workforce of almost 240 workers has filed for bankruptcy
- 2022-11-30 Zespri releases climate change adaption plan
- 2022-11-30 Hortifrut grows its quarterly income by 19% thanks to dynamic blueberry offer
- 2022-11-30 "Thanks to our laser cutting equipment, we are able to produce machine parts within a few hours"
- 2022-11-29 USDA files action against Texas company for alleged PACA violations
- 2022-11-29 Johannes Bliestle and Hans-Jörg Friedrich take over responsibility in BVEO and DRV committee work
- 2022-11-29 France: Carrefour speeds up same-day delivery in Paris region with the STEF group
- 2022-11-28 Food-tech venture Pluckk records $5 mln annualised revenue run rate in October
- 2022-11-28 NTB supports foreign large-scale retailers in their purchases in Italy