- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Central Otago cherry growers expect record volumes of fruit this season
Top 5 -last month
US: Karen Caplan of Frieda's vegan journey
In August, shortly after watching the documentary "Forks over Knives," Caplan decided to challenge herself to go vegan for 30 days, "I can do anything for a month," was her mantra. Her first post was launched August 1 and she spent the next month blogging daily on her experience with the transition.
She gave advice on dining out, traveling when vegan, grocery shopping, how her relationship with food changed and the way she physically felt after a few weeks of eating a strictly plant-based diet.
"From what I can reckon, I’m eating about 70% raw foods, made up mostly of fruits and veggies. Since I made these diet changes, not only do I not crave sugar, I also don’t crave processed foods." –From What’s on Karen’s Plate, August, 9 2012
Caplan found herself answering dozens of emails a week from readers who were inspired by her Vegan Journey, which initially started as a month-long experiment, but has now become a way of life.
"When I first started this, I couldn’t imagine giving up chocolate, meat or cheese. But when I began to feel good I realized it wasn’t as difficult as I thought it would be," Caplan said. "I feel amazing and after continuing my research on what it means to be a vegan, it just makes sense that this is a lifestyle rather than an experiment."
The biggest surprise for Caplan has been the effect her journey has had on those around her—from colleagues she’s known for years to people who stumbled upon her blog.
Miriam Miller Wolk, staff member of United Fresh, and Connie Stukenberg, of the California Avocado Commission, both have joined Karen’s vegan journey.
To read more about Karen Caplan’s Vegan Journey click here.
For more information:
Frieda's Inc., The Specialty Produce Company
Tel: +1 714 826 6100 Ext. 153
Fax: +1 714 816 0273
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Apeel will lay off a total of 96 employees from its Goleta office
- 2022-12-02 Berry grower/shipper offers expanded scholarships for 2023
- 2022-12-02 BBL acquires Share Logistics Group
- 2022-12-01 Limoneira announces new vice president of field operations
- 2022-12-01 Nile’s futuristic vision is gaining traction in Southern Africa
- 2022-12-01 Australian Table Grape Association welcomes new board members
- 2022-11-30 DPD Netherlands acquires Cool Runnings Transport BV
- 2022-11-30 'Third quarter sales best in the history of the company'
- 2022-11-30 Joy Wing Mau Group and China Aerospace reach strategic cooperation
- 2022-11-30 Citrus, avocado and grape importer announces new warehouse expansion
- 2022-11-30 Avocado board program educates future board participants
- 2022-11-30 Murcian company with a workforce of almost 240 workers has filed for bankruptcy
- 2022-11-30 Zespri releases climate change adaption plan
- 2022-11-30 Hortifrut grows its quarterly income by 19% thanks to dynamic blueberry offer
- 2022-11-30 "Thanks to our laser cutting equipment, we are able to produce machine parts within a few hours"
- 2022-11-29 USDA files action against Texas company for alleged PACA violations
- 2022-11-29 Johannes Bliestle and Hans-Jörg Friedrich take over responsibility in BVEO and DRV committee work
- 2022-11-29 France: Carrefour speeds up same-day delivery in Paris region with the STEF group
- 2022-11-28 Food-tech venture Pluckk records $5 mln annualised revenue run rate in October
- 2022-11-28 NTB supports foreign large-scale retailers in their purchases in Italy