- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
EU legislation on citrus canker thwarts grapefruit export
Importers say other countries, like Japan and Korea, are less strict and form more attractive customers. “Europe is the only one making such as fuss,” importers state. “Exporters don’t want to take the risk of having crops rejected by customs, so they have started targeting other regions.”
European importers on the other hand don’t want to have to revert to produce from other sources. “We want Florida grapefruit. Fruit from Turkey, Israel or Egypt may look better cosmetically, but the Florida taste is unparalleled.”
Last year the Florida Department of Citrus in cooperation with Dutch website Okokorecepten.nl undertook a promotional campaign to bring the issue to attention of government officials. In the past 10 years, grapefruit acreage in Florida has decreased with 54%.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 "When compared to other protected varieties on the market, Valley Gold is very economical"
- 2022-11-25 Kinnow exporters Pakistan seek help from government
- 2022-11-25 First Tan Lac red-flesh grapefruits exported to UK
- 2022-11-24 Bangladesh increases duty on Vidarbha oranges
- 2022-11-24 Annual United Way citrus sale from November 28 until December 2
- 2022-11-23 Four pomelo planting areas in Ba Ria-Vung Tau licensed to export to US
- 2022-11-23 Satsuma overload: citrus growers need to diversify
- 2022-11-23 Central Valley temperatures still important for citrus growers
- 2022-11-23 Low demand for lemons and grapefruit in Europe despite smaller supply
- 2022-11-23 "The export price of Nanfeng tangerines dropped slightly compared to last year"
- 2022-11-22 Orange prices may surge in Pakistan due to low yields
- 2022-11-22 US orange juice imports from Brazil surging
- 2022-11-22 "The fresh Bergamot orange market must not take a step back"
- 2022-11-21 New Zealand to welcome pomelos and lemons from Vietnam
- 2022-11-21 "Spanish citrus selling quite well; persimmon season to end qearly"
- 2022-11-18 Moroccan Nadorcott volumes plummet as drought persists
- 2022-11-18 Lower volumes expected for Moroccan citrus
- 2022-11-17 Lime prices expected to pick back up towards Thanksgiving
- 2022-11-17 Ag faculty member devising new drug-delivery tactic for citrus greening disease
- 2022-11-17 The Generalitat and the sector promote the ‘Naranja Valenciana‘ label