- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
Spain: AgroCap Invest expands into Europe
According to Johan in t Veld, Chairman of AgroCap this is a logical extension of the Group’s dynamic international sales and marketing network. ‘AgroCap has for many years been successful in exploiting contra-cyclical investment opportunities. Whilst a number of sourcing and sales subsidiaries have been established in overseas countries, Cool Fresh Spain now also creates a strong base from which to supply top quality European fresh produce, direct to our worldwide clients’.
In t Veld believes that the changing global trading environment requires a whole new mindset with regards to countries within Europe. He says that Spain is still the second largest producer of fresh produce in the European Union and has a proud history in supplying a huge basket of fruit and vegetables.
In t Veld said, “In this respect, our strategic plan for Cool Fresh Spain entails not only participating in the European sales network of our companies, but also to do direct supplies of top quality Spanish produce to clients in the Africa, the Middle East, South America and the Far East. This creates a huge advantage, with the synergy between Spain and other companies in the Agrocap Group facilitating the supply of year-round programs. For instance, Spanish citrus follows directly on South African citrus; and Spanish grapes fill the gap between the end of the Egyptian grape calendar and the start of the Peruvian grape calendar.”
A team of Spanish fresh produce professionals have been employed, all with many years experience in supplying top quality Spanish fruit and vegetables to clients all over Europe. One of these professionals is Paco Noguera, who says that the Spanish fresh produce industry has always been notable for the contribution that it makes to the Spanish agricultural economy. Noguera says that whilst it is clear that the Spanish agricultural sector is currently facing challenges, it cannot be ignored that for many years Spanish fresh produce exports have boasted excellent quality and have been price competitive. “We do however see an immediate need to create a business model which is based on growth through global partnerships as described by Johan in t Veld. It is specifically from this perspective that we see huge opportunities for AgroCap in Spain’. The offices of Cool Fresh Spain are based in Valencia and Huelva.
Cool Fresh Spain will be present at the Fruit Attraction Expo in Madrid from 24 to 26 October, Stand 5A-02E.
For more information:
Johan in t Veld
AgroCap Invest BV
Mob: + 31 651 849 250
Agro Marketing Cool Fresh España S.L.
Mob: + 34 630 390 875
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Pennsylvania Cooperative Potato Growers celebrate 100 years of cooperation
- 2022-11-25 Lineage Logistics officially opens fully automated Cool Port II
- 2022-11-25 AUSVEG welcomes new directors
- 2022-11-25 New management structure for Heemskerk fresh & easy
- 2022-11-24 Canadian growers invest $10,000 in St. John Ambulance
- 2022-11-24 AgroFresh transitions from publicly traded to private ownership
- 2022-11-24 Could your ugly Christmas sweater feature a pineapple?
- 2022-11-24 Cor van der Kaaij steps down from Lokal Harvest
- 2022-11-24 "Encouraging demand from hospitality, but retail is slowing"
- 2022-11-24 Japanese agri equipment leader invests in Israeli fresh produce quality control start-up
- 2022-11-23 "I love that I can add my expertise to VH's vertical packaging specialization"
- 2022-11-23 Driscoll's Russell Allwell discusses Berry Gardens acquisition
- 2022-11-23 Fyffes melon subsidiary wins social responsibility award in Honduras
- 2022-11-23 West Pak Avocado adds to sales team
- 2022-11-22 Oppy's John Anderson named to Business Laureates Hall of Fame
- 2022-11-22 Del Monte Foods finishes new Doha facility
- 2022-11-21 Paul Mastronardi honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2022-11-21 Monterey Mushrooms hires new western region sales director
- 2022-11-21 British Columbia and Saskatchewan companies partner in improving soil health
- 2022-11-21 France: Ombrea signs partnership with Banque des Territoires for 350 MW of agrivoltaic projects