- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
18-23 Nov, Valencia, Spain
Citrosol ready for global Citrus Congress
The event, which is staged in a different nation every three-four years, will be held between 18-23 November in the Main Auditorium at the landmark Valencia Conference Centre, where a variety of topics of ongoing interest to the global citrus sector will be debated.
Citrosol MD, Benito Orihuel (on the left), and colleagues at last year's Fruit Attraction
Among them will be a special focus on the “outstanding issue” of the benefits of citrus for human health and the influence that greater awareness among the general public of these benefits can have on consumption levels.
Postharvest treatment specialist Citrosol, which is a Diamond Sponsor for the event, will be on hand to deliver presentations that clients say demonstrate why it has remained “one step ahead” of the competition over recent years.
The citrus congress, which is organised by the International Society for Citriculture (ISC)i, has as its objectives to promote research and investigations into citrus, and the exchange of information and education concerning production, harvesting and distribution of the fruit.
Topics up for discussion include the Spanish citrus industry, citrus and health, the use of biological pest controls, new genetic and genomic tools for breeding, food safety, compliance and sustainability, and the importance of citrus to the juice and beverage sector.
During the postharvest session at the congress, Citrosol will present a study entitled, ‘Potassium sorbate increases citrus weight loss in postharvest treatments but it does not provide good decay control in wax’; a summary of its research on the use of this food additive to control citrus decay.
In particular, Citrosol’s research will highlight how potassium sorbate “increases weight loss” in citrus and waxes, while its effectiveness to control rot is “very low” when applied to wax.
According to Citrosol’s managing director, Benito Orihuel, the event presents a “magnificent opportunity” to highlight the company’s work to potential clients and opinion formers who, in many countries, influence growers’ choice of postharvest treatments.
During the congress, Orihuel explains, Citrosol will also host a special session for delegates, where the company will detail exciting developments in its postharvest product and system range, which offer new, cost effective solutions for growers in the sector.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Webinar: Opportunities for horticulture in Algeria and Egypt
- 2022-11-23 Looking ahead to the Organic Grower Summit 2022
- 2022-11-22 EPC Leadership Class to attend Cornell program at New York Produce Show
- 2022-11-21 Date grower-shipper brings latest products to New York Produce Show
- 2022-11-21 Pulsed Electric Field (PEF) systems for large, peeled and unpeeled potatoes
- 2022-11-21 “Water, energy and food sovereignty at the heart of medFEL 2023”
- 2022-11-18 Engels Machines at the ExpoSE 2022 fair in Karlsruhe, Germany
- 2022-11-16 "Focus on the future of horticulture" defining theme of IPM Essen
- 2022-11-16 Mini symposium on grape quality to take place on the 2nd of December
- 2022-11-16 Creating value with less: a hot theme at Global Berry Congress 2022
- 2022-11-14 Mushroom Days will be from May 10 to 12, 2023
- 2022-11-14 Salobrena will host the First Andalusian Subtropical Fair
- 2022-11-11 Morocco Foodex aims to conquer the British market
- 2022-11-11 New trends, innovations, and chain take center stage at Global Berry Congress
- 2022-11-07 Photo report Asia Fruit Logistica 2022
- 2022-11-04 Bolivia for the World business meetings 8-25 November 2022
- 2022-11-04 Ecuador is making moves to become more competitive in Asia
- 2022-11-04 Innovations and trends at IFPA
- 2022-11-04 International Agroferomonas and Biological Control Days
- 2022-11-04 German Ports at transport logistic Americas