- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
NZ: First PSA case in Hawke's Bay confirmed
The agency had a positive test for the virulent strain, PSA-V, on Hort16A gold variety vines in an orchard near Taradale.
KVH chief executive Barry O'Neil says the spread of the bacterial disease into Hawke's Bay is very disappointing.
Mr O'Neil says based on symptoms seen in the orchard, it is possible that infection may have been present in the area for at least six months before it was identified this week.
A control zone has been established around the orchard, with a ban on moving any kiwifruit plant material or orchard equipment out of the control zone.
The disease is continuing to spread through other kiwifruit growing areas, including the Karapiro district in Waikato and the Clevedon area in Franklin, south of Auckland, where further cases were reported this week.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Wet weather and late start not putting a dampener on Honey Gold season
- 2022-11-25 Organic ginger from a Dutch greenhouse
- 2022-11-25 Productive Maluma avocado grown in Israel, on its way to EU, Cyprus and Turkey
- 2022-11-25 October export volume of ginger was still declining, no significant increase in average export price
- 2022-11-25 Senegalese mango exports decrease
- 2022-11-25 Zespri releases November 2022/23 forecast
- 2022-11-25 Uzbekistan exported more than 45,000 tons of persimmon in 10 months
- 2022-11-25 Alanya district farmers have started to grow mangoes
- 2022-11-25 New Mohan railway checkpoint in Yunnan will be opened in early December
- 2022-11-25 2022 was a successful year for Vietnam’s agri exports
- 2022-11-24 Retailer spotlights seasonal Mexican drink
- 2022-11-24 Improving mango shelf-life with Neem oil
- 2022-11-24 Italy takes advantage of the lack of Spanish persimmon production
- 2022-11-24 “Jammu farmers should increase diversification of crops”
- 2022-11-23 Lull in U.S. lychee market makes way for South African fruit
- 2022-11-23 Malaga company awarded Innovative Initiative award
- 2022-11-23 "Due to lower production, our sales have remained stable during the entire pomegranate season"
- 2022-11-23 Mexican town sets Guinness World Record for largest batch of guacamole ever
- 2022-11-23 “We took up the challenge of restarting production of organic avocados in Corsica”
- 2022-11-23 "Dragons Claw mushrooms give chefs a new challenge"