- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
BT9 sells solutions, knowledge
BT9 was founded earlier this year after it spun out of StePac, an organization which started by providing modified atmosphere packaging over 20 years ago. BT9 was founded with the goal of focusing exclusively on intelligent cold chain solutions. Just in its first year of operation, noted Sales Director Ariel Gordon, BT9 has made impressive gains.
“We started with cold chain management solutions for fresh produce, but now we're moving into other areas,” he said. “Really, we can work in any industry that can benefit from better cold chain management.” In addition to horizontal expansion, he mentioned that they're also expanding vertically by drilling down into every aspect of the fresh produce cold chain.
“We provide a sensor system, but at the end of the day we're really selling management information,” said Gordon. “There's the hardware component for monitoring, but what we excel at is gathering information, analyzing that data and selling insights.” The goal is to connect every agent in the process, from when the grower picks his crop to when a consumer buys that produce. Such a level of integration can be a valuable tool to make sure consumers are getting high-quality produce and growers, shippers and retailers are not losing money, he added.
“For one customer, we discovered a distribution center where the correct humidity levels weren't being maintained,” he said. “That resulted in shrinkage, which, because the price for produce there was determined by weight, resulted in a loss of four million dollars every year. So because of BT9's information, the customer upgraded systems to eliminate the loss.”
“We're giving our clients a much higher resolution of information,” he said. “We don't just show them the problem. Because of all of our expertise in cold chain management, we can help them also find the solutions. So at the end of the day, we don't just provide technology, but we provide knowledge and expertise.”
For more information:
Tel: +972 49 122 811
Mob: +972 52 474 2965
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-24 Kashmir apple farmers panic because of overproduction, lack of cold storage and tanking prices
- 2022-11-24 Lineage opens new fully automated cool port II cold storage facility in Port of Rotterdam
- 2022-11-23 Rwanda and UK governments join IFC to further Africa cold chain progress
- 2022-11-21 "Mini CA storage systems provide a natural, controlled atmosphere in existing cold storages"
- 2022-11-16 India's Odisha to install solar powered cold storage for farmers
- 2022-11-15 Fresh Del Monte chooses Daikin's ZeSTIA units
- 2022-11-15 "Despite the current uncertainty, we're very optimistic about the future of frozen vegetables"
- 2022-11-15 Smart ripening technology gaining ground in Europe
- 2022-11-11 "Total cooling and storage solutions concept for agribusiness"
- 2022-11-09 'The challenges and solutions in selling high quality IQF berries'
- 2022-11-04 Cold Chain Federation urges new ministers to provide reassurance on energy crisis action beyond March 2023
- 2022-10-31 Guangzhou Nansha International Logistics Center officially launched the cold chain import business
- 2022-10-25 NewCold to make Henry County’s single-largest investment with state-of-the-art distribution facility
- 2022-10-20 New report from Swedish Club shows spike in reefer claims over pandemic
- 2022-10-14 Limited direct cargo flights and cold chain thwart horticultural exports from Uganda
- 2022-10-11 Refrigeration: a hot top fruit storage topic
- 2022-10-07 Consortium unveils pan-African cold chain logistics to increase food security
- 2022-10-06 Tanzania Horticultural Association seeks Indian investors for cold storage facilities
- 2022-10-06 Thermo King by Trane Technologies accelerates cold chain decarbonization
- 2022-09-30 Southern California reefer volumes trending down into the fall