- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
North America: Turbana goes tropical
"It's a natural extension of our product line," says Turbana's Marketing Director Marion Tabard. "We want to make the buying and logistical process for our retailers as efficient as possible. Thus, we're now offering the opportunity to buy our Tropicals and have them delivered with the bananas, which can translate into a cost saving; it's a turnkey solution."
The product expansion also aims to help Turbana's retailers reach the large Hispanic market and other ethnic groups. By offering this niche line of produce, retailers will reach a very specific, very substantial consumer market. "The ethnic market is knowledgeable on Tropicals," Tabard says. "When the retailers can offer a versatile Tropicals line at their stores, they're inviting in a whole new type of consumer; and the Hispanic market is certainly a growing market."
Turbana will be showcasing their Tropical line at this year's PMA Fresh Summit. To learn more and taste creative recipes that feature some of the Tropicals, please visit booth # 2150.
For more information please visit www.turbana.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Wet weather and late start not putting a dampener on Honey Gold season
- 2022-11-25 Organic ginger from a Dutch greenhouse
- 2022-11-25 Productive Maluma avocado grown in Israel, on its way to EU, Cyprus and Turkey
- 2022-11-25 October export volume of ginger was still declining, no significant increase in average export price
- 2022-11-25 Senegalese mango exports decrease
- 2022-11-25 Zespri releases November 2022/23 forecast
- 2022-11-25 Uzbekistan exported more than 45,000 tons of persimmon in 10 months
- 2022-11-25 Alanya district farmers have started to grow mangoes
- 2022-11-25 New Mohan railway checkpoint in Yunnan will be opened in early December
- 2022-11-25 2022 was a successful year for Vietnam’s agri exports
- 2022-11-24 Retailer spotlights seasonal Mexican drink
- 2022-11-24 Improving mango shelf-life with Neem oil
- 2022-11-24 Italy takes advantage of the lack of Spanish persimmon production
- 2022-11-24 “Jammu farmers should increase diversification of crops”
- 2022-11-23 Lull in U.S. lychee market makes way for South African fruit
- 2022-11-23 Malaga company awarded Innovative Initiative award
- 2022-11-23 "Due to lower production, our sales have remained stable during the entire pomegranate season"
- 2022-11-23 Mexican town sets Guinness World Record for largest batch of guacamole ever
- 2022-11-23 “We took up the challenge of restarting production of organic avocados in Corsica”
- 2022-11-23 "Dragons Claw mushrooms give chefs a new challenge"