- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
Ireland: Holfeld Plastics is holding back time on fresh produce packaging
Championing shelf life Holfeld seek to innovate packaging that retains the integrity and resilience of their products whilst conserving and protecting the fruit over a longer time, while also reducing carbon emissions through the use of recycled PET and dependency on virgin materials and by clever design, weight reduction
Environmentally-conscious Holfeld Plastics is leading the field in the use of r-PET materials and can claim at least 85% food grade post consumer recyclate in the manufacture of their products. Despite the high level of post consumer waste (PCW) there is no compromise in performance nor food safety as the material goes through the Holfeld in house ‘super-cleaning’ process ensuring a ‘good as new’ outcome.
A spokesperson for Holfeld said: ‘The recycled material used in their manufacture goes through our factory food grade ‘super cleaning’ system ensuring that we are meeting regulations. We are always looking to deliver fresh ideas to the market ensuring we are offering sustainable packaging solutions which meet the exacting needs of today’s retailers and the consumers. Our ‘super cleaning’ process gives us a clear point of difference compared with other UK suppliers.’
Holfeld has invested around £1m in installing a manufacturing system for the G1 range of soft fruit punnets allowing the manufacturer to pad and punch in line and therefore controlling manufacturing costs.
Working closely with major retailers, marketing desks, distributors and growers Holfeld Plastics assert they deliver on expectations and with punnets manufactured in their plant in Ireland it means their customers in Ireland and the UK can rely on a fast, on-time delivery – a crucial factor in the growing season when a short delivery or worse still no supply at all can mean the difference between success and failure.’
For more information:
Tel: +353 (0) 402 41234
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Cambodian Minister plans QR-code stickers to combat fraud with durians
- 2022-11-23 Himachal: No takers for 6% Goods and Services Tax rebate on apple cartons
- 2022-11-22 Edible packaging addresses both food waste and plastic waste
- 2022-11-22 SAVRpak partners with Mexican company Jüsto, distributing moisture control technology
- 2022-11-21 A range of paper and board packaging suitable for over 30 different fruits and vegetables
- 2022-11-21 'Prices in the plastics market in the EU and the US showed a decline in October'
- 2022-11-17 “A pallet-based system to extend berry shelf-life”
- 2022-11-17 Pineapple, chocolate and coffee part of special holiday gift boxes from Hawaii
- 2022-11-16 Quality label for products from Troodos mountain
- 2022-11-14 EastPack announces $30 million notes issue to meet growth In kiwifruit demand
- 2022-11-14 Veggie waste offers green solution to single-use packaging
- 2022-11-14 Angus Soft Fruits now importing berries using reduced-plastic, cushioning punnet to improve quality and recyclability.
- 2022-11-11 Brazil: Products must have labels from January 2, 2023
- 2022-11-09 Dubai, a new frontier for the packaging sector
- 2022-11-09 Potatoes packed without plastic
- 2022-11-07 A hydrophobic thin film coating from buffalo fat
- 2022-11-03 “Our packaging is a recyclable product. It’s nature friendly as it is non-toxic, printable and washable”
- 2022-11-03 Agriplast launches new products in plastic film, packaging and TNT
- 2022-11-02 CKF acquires Canadian thermoformed rPET firm
- 2022-10-31 “Our packaging is 100% biodegradable within 24 weeks, making it the most ecological on the market”