- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
- Operations Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
- “Laser micro-perforated bags extend bananas' shelf life by three weeks”
- GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW POMEGRANATE
- New York Produce Show remembers Jim Prevor
- New banana varieties set to provide Aussie consumers with greater choice in the future
- A new fresh produce export line is launched in Beni Mellal, Morocco
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Central Otago cherry growers expect record volumes of fruit this season
Top 5 -last month
Hass Avocado Board to exhibit at the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
At the conference, HAB’s booth will serve as a resource where attendees can learn about the upcoming research initiatives focused on heart health, weight management, diabetes and healthy living. Booth attendees will not only learn about the key nutritional benefits of Hass avocados, but they will receive resources to share with their patients and have the opportunity to sample Hass avocado-centric dishes.
“We’re looking forward to being back at FNCE on behalf of the Hass avocado industry,” said Emiliano Escobedo, executive director of HAB, “especially with all of the new nutrition research we have to share. This is exactly the audience we want to reach with our news. We hope to continue to be a resource for this influential group and to make a positive impact on the nation with our health findings.”
Throughout the conference, attendees who stop by the HAB booth will be invited to sample various dishes, such as a breakfast avocado berry smoothie and mini avocado sliders, and participate in booth activities, including a guacamole making contest. Registered dietitians Mitzi Dulan, Kate Geagan and Penny Kris-Etherton will be at the HAB booth during the conference, as well as Philadelphia-based Iron Chef, Chef Jose Garces, who will be signing his soon-to-be-released cookbook, The Latin Road Home. Garces, who owns and operates 15 wildly successful restaurants in five cities, including eight in Philadelphia, is a recipient of the James Beard Foundation’s prestigious “Best Chef, Mid-Atlantic” award, and is one of only eight chefs in the country to hold the coveted title of Iron Chef, appearing regularly on Food Network’s Iron Chef America.
Additionally, HAB will be sponsoring the official Food and Culinary Professionals (FCP) Dietary Practice Group (DPG) breakfast which draws more than 100 members. Chef Garces will make an appearance and introductory remarks, and HAB’s research initiatives will be discussed while attendees enjoy a Hass avocado-centric meal.
HAB’s comprehensive, multi-year nutritional initiative will be one of its key strategic priorities moving forward, with an overall goal of helping to drive increased consumption of Hass avocados. The effort will build a strong case for touting the nutritional benefits of the fruit, using science to provide a solid foundation for health and nutrition marketing communication programs.
The 2012 FNCE will be held at the Philadelphia Convention Center from Oct. 7 – 9, 2012. The HAB booth is #419, which is located in the main exhibition hall. To see the various HAB event and sampling times during FNCE, please visit AvocadoCentral.com/FNCE.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Vandalism to kiwifruit vines causing high financial cost for grower, police say
- 2022-12-02 Lebanese fresh producers prefer to prioritize the local market
- 2022-12-02 FAO Responsible Fruits Project focuses on avocado and pineapple value chains
- 2022-12-02 Thailand to export fruits via Lao-Chinese railway this Saturday
- 2022-12-02 Baleh landowners receive 6,000 high-yielding durian seedlings
- 2022-12-02 Record temperatures cause an unexpected fruit fly outbreak in kakis and citrus
- 2022-12-02 "We expect to have at least 300-500 tons per year available to us in the future"
- 2022-12-02 The Supplì kiwifruit variety grown in the Agro Pontino area
- 2022-12-01 2022 was a successful export year for Vietnam
- 2022-12-01 "If avocados are shipped today from the Canary Islands to Iceland, tomorrow the customer has it in the market"
- 2022-12-01 California sees better 2022 pomegranate crop with ample small sized fruit
- 2022-12-01 Tropical fruit grower adds Oro pineapples to product line up
- 2022-12-01 "Pink pineapple is a unique high-end Costa Rican product that reaches most exclusive markets in the world"
- 2022-12-01 "After a tough year, physalis and passion fruit sales now getting into the Christmas flow"
- 2022-12-01 Fruit inspection point at Mohan Station expected to open on December 3
- 2022-12-01 "Our sights are already set on Peru's kaki campaign"
- 2022-12-01 "There is a massive amount of pineapples that will be ready to harvest in February across the industry"
- 2022-12-01 Pineapple market could gain strength in near future
- 2022-11-30 Dragon fruit catches on with Anantapur district growers
- 2022-11-30 ‘Poor-quality durians on Shanghai roadside do not come from Thailand’