- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
AU: Technology innovation transforms quality reporting
Chris Marks, Commercial Director – Logistics and Glynn Fraser, State QA Manager worked collaboratively in identifying areas in which Quality reporting could be improved and tested a variety of different software applications to achieve superior results.
Following some minor software development to suit FPG’s needs, iPad’s loaded with proprietary applications have now been instituted throughout the company.
This innovation will greatly assist the Quality teams across FPG’s national network primarily by achieving consistency of reports, in a shortened timeframe, as all reporting will be completed on the floor and dispatched immediately to the relevant stakeholders via the iPad application.
Importantly, the iPad application is not only limited to incoming reports. With further development underway, spreadsheets for daily stock monitoring, dispatch records and retention sample data will also be able to be completed using the mobile technology, with additional functionality in the pipeline.
The iPad’s are being rolled out to all FPG distribution centers and represent a significant investment in delivering improved service to all our customers.
Fresh Produce Group
Tel: +61 2 9704 8300
Fax: +61 2 9746 3762
Mob: +61 407 071 318
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-24 "Industry has growing needs for temperature and humidity data loggers"
- 2022-11-18 Indian farmers turn to technology to combat unpredictable weather
- 2022-11-17 "Digitization supports personal customer care"
- 2022-11-15 Indian farmers open e-Commerce startup with 10,000 producers as suppliers
- 2022-11-11 Tunisian technology at the service of fruit and vegetable producers in North and West Africa
- 2022-11-08 The new yield management platform saving apple and citrus growers time in the field
- 2022-11-03 University of Florida builds agri artificial intelligence hub
- 2022-11-03 Report claims that hackers could block major global trade routes
- 2022-10-26 New tech sizes 5000 apples, straight off the truck
- 2022-10-25 "Unfortunately, the potential of a well-functioning software system is still underestimated too often"
- 2022-10-21 Tingo Mobile signs trade agreement with All Farmers Association of Nigeria
- 2022-10-19 "We have launched a reuseable 4G wireless temperature and humidity location recorder with light sensors"
- 2022-10-19 Smart paper as sustainable alternative for data logger
- 2022-10-18 "This year, retailers will need an extra number of producing suppliers, and our platform is the ideal place to find them"
- 2022-10-14 NZ collaboration links consumer insights to the produce value chain
- 2022-10-11 Tools and technologies for monitoring global shipments
- 2022-10-03 Real-time in-transit visibility reduces losses in produce shipments
- 2022-09-29 Veiling Zaltbommel's digital auction to go online around Feb 2023
- 2022-09-28 Spain's leading crop sales portal updates its website including improvements suggested by users
- 2022-09-26 "The next step is to implement our process within wholesale as well"