- UK & IRL Avocado Trader
- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- South African orange shipment reveals R75 million worth of cocaine
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- “Laser micro-perforated bags extend bananas' shelf life by three weeks”
- Blueberries will be the main focus at the next Macfrut
Top 5 -last month
Chiquita Appoints Edward F. Lonergan President and CEO
Mr. Lonergan most recently served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Diversey, Inc., a leading global provider of sustainable cleaning, sanitation and hygiene solutions. At Diversey, Mr. Lonergan led the strategic and financial turnaround of the company, significantly improving efficiency, market competitiveness and shareholder value, and established Diversey as a global leader in sustainability.
"We are extremely pleased to announce that, after a thorough search process, the Board has chosen Ed Lonergan as its next President and Chief Executive Officer," said Kerrii B. Anderson, Chiquita's Chairwoman. "Ed brings more than 30 years of leadership experience across many industries, and is widely recognized as an outstanding business leader with an impressive track record of success. Ed's leadership and operational expertise ideally suit him to lead Chiquita in its next phase of growth. I look forward to working closely with Ed as we continue to execute our strategic priorities and create stockholder value."
Mr. Lonergan said, "I am honored and excited to have the opportunity to lead Chiquita, a Company with strong equity and high-quality products. Chiquita has a solid foundation on which to build, and an excellent team in place that is well equipped to take the necessary steps to drive change and enhance operations. I am committed to working closely with the Board, management team and talented employees to continue the Company's financial and strategic turnaround aimed at refocusing and re-energizing the core business and driving down costs. We believe this strategy will allow Chiquita to enhance its competitive position and further align its operations and investments to increase profitability, improve cash flow, reduce debt and drive long-term shareholder value."
Ms. Anderson concluded, "On behalf of the Board, I want to thank Fernando for his commitment to ensuring a smooth transition as well as for his dedication and contributions over almost nine years of service to Chiquita. We wish him all the best in his future endeavors." As previously disclosed, Mr. Aguirre has agreed to make himself available for a one year period as a consultant to assist in the transition.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-08 Supermarket Linella: "When it comes to quality, we don't compromise"
- 2022-12-08 Canadian industry champion announces retirement
- 2022-12-08 Sweden: Swegreen to install in-store farm at Ica Maxi Ängelholm
- 2022-12-07 Greenhouse grower helps provide healthy meals at food bank
- 2022-12-07 California Giant appoints Andy Rice
- 2022-12-07 USDA cites Florida distributor for PACA violations
- 2022-12-07 Produce company enters 16th season, shining spotlight on original team member
- 2022-12-07 US (KY): Square Roots opens new indoor farm in Shepherdsville
- 2022-12-07 Belgian cooperatives represented on economic trade mission to Japan
- 2022-12-07 Online supermarket Oda raises NOK 1.5 billion
- 2022-12-07 Dublin fruit and veg trader celebrates 130 years
- 2022-12-06 Calavo partnering with Old El Paso
- 2022-12-06 Fyffes completes community needs assesments for LATAM
- 2022-12-06 Colombia Avocado Board brings on new board members
- 2022-12-06 "We're the first to market fruit grown without nitrate contamination for two consecutive years"
- 2022-12-06 France: Pomliberty welcomes Vitalis as a shareholder
- 2022-12-06 Lincolnshire agri-tech company moves to new location
- 2022-12-06 Dutch coop commits to science-based climate goals
- 2022-12-06 Limoneira closes sale of its Sevilla property for $2.6 million
- 2022-12-05 Equitable Food Initiative elects new board member