- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
Netherlands: Eleven nominations for Horti Fair Innovation Award 2012
Horti Fair is the international horticultural trade show for technology, innovation and inspiration and the coming edition promises to live up to these aims. On 30 October the winner of the prestigious Innovation Award will be presented with a cheque to the value of € 2,500.00 for the next edition of the Horti Fair, as well as being assured of international attention and publicity. In addition to the Innovation Award, the Press Award will also be presented for the most striking new product in the eyes of the international horticultural press.
The 11 new products nominated:
AVAG (Stand no. 11.0110) – Next Generation Semi-Closed Greenhouse
Participants at the Horti Fair are using poster presentations to show the results achieved during a trial of the concept of the Next Generation of Semi-Closed Greenhouses at a nursery in Rilland. The trial is being monitored by WUR Glastuinbouw (University and Research Centre Wageningen UR, Greenhouse Horticulture) and an advisory group has been formed consisting of a number of growers with experience in the field of semi-closed cultivation. Taking part in the project are P.L.J. Bom (Naaldwijk), Certhon (Poeldijk), Van Dijk Heating (Bunnik), Glascom Tuinbouw (Rijswijk), Technokas (De Lier), VB Group (De Lier) and Zantingh (Rijsenhout). Arend-Sosef (Honselersdijk) and Priva (De Lier) are supporting the project and the DIT sustainability and innovation Fund of Rabobank Westland has contributed to the financial implementation.
Certhon (stand no. 11.0302) – SuprimAir
Certhon has developed the SuprimAir greenhouse, which is a unique greenhouse concept for international professional greenhouse horticulture. The ingenious synthesis of greenhouse, ventilation, cooling and control makes it possible to create an ideal climate all year round. The ideal temperature and relative humidity are combined with low energy consumption and lower pest pressure.
Climeco Engineering BV (stand no. 11.0412) – Climate monitoring and advice
Taking measurements with a network of wireless sensors makes it possible to obtain real-time information on the uniformity of the climate in a greenhouse. A network of wireless sensors, access to the data via a server (in the cloud), together with data from the climate computer and presentation by means of a graphic analysis program are combined with a personal approach.
Exotic Plant bvba (stand no. 10.0208) – Vriesea Spica [P]
A successful newcomer to the multiflower range. This gorgeous plant easily develops five dark pink flowers. The combination with its elegant, abundant and dark green leaves gives an interesting addition. ‘Spica’ grows to a height of 60 cm and the best results are obtained in pot size 14.
Van der Hoeven (stand no. 11.0610) – ModulAIR
This greenhouse concept is a tailor-made and economically feasible solution in practically any situation. Always based on the principles of lower energy consumption, higher CO2 concentrations, higher light transmission, lower pesticide use, optimum climate control and higher production yields under sustainable conditions compliant with the requirements of food safety.
HortiMaX B.V. (stand no. 11.0502) – HortiMaX CX500
HortiMaX’s awareness that there are specific solutions for every climate and every country is the basis for the HortiMaX CX500 process computer. This computer, which controls climate and irrigation, can be adapted for all types of greenhouses, climatic conditions and the knowledge levels of the users.
Klimrek (stand no. 09.0202) – RS Mover
Positioning plants more closely together on special racks in the first weeks of cultivation means the grower only has to keep a section of the greenhouse warm. This leads to an annual saving of 10% on energy. In countries outside the Netherlands, for growing under lights and with a crop like cucumbers, the system also offers the opportunity of prolonged production for a large part of the business.
KUBO Tuinbouwprojecten B.V. (stand no. 11.0202) – Ultra Clima® V3
Whereas the air conditioning units in the previous Ultra-Clima® greenhouses still had two radial fans, the current air conditioning units only have a single large radial fan. The size of the unit has been drastically reduced as a consequence, with the cooperation of the manufacturer.
Maurice Kassenbouw B.V. (stand no. 11.0412) – Air & Energy greenhouse with LT heating
The Air & Energy greenhouse means it is currently possible not just to ventilate a greenhouse, but to heat it as well. Until now, higher temperatures could not be blown inside with the hose system. The use of the reheater in the hose makes it possible to uniformly blow a higher temperature inside.
Peter Dekker Installaties (PDI) (stand no. 11.0202) – Double Slip-In
The guiding profiles in the Double Slip-In system are ingeniously inserted into and simultaneously mounted to the screen profile and the trellis. This is in contrast to the existing Slip-In system, which requires the profiles to be mounted in the greenhouse before the screen fabric is drawn through them.
Sercom Regeltechniek and Environmental Monitoring Systems (EMS) BV (stand no. 08.0305) – Air Monitoring
This innovation can be used to control the air quality in the greenhouse, in addition to the traditional parameters of temperature, humidity and light. This means that a new step forward has been taken in measuring and controlling plant quality. The key focus is the use of fewer resources. The CO2 dosage can be even better adjusted, the growth potential of the crop increased even more, and heat utilized even better.
On Monday 29 October the jury will assess the nominations during the construction of the Horti Fair. ,,So we will also be talking with the experts from the companies that have registered the innovations. That often makes things clearer. Technological advances make new growing systems increasingly complex. A personal explanation – and that is also the strength of a trade show like the Horti Fair – provides extremely effective clarification,’’ says Van Oosterhout.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Webinar: Opportunities for horticulture in Algeria and Egypt
- 2022-11-23 Looking ahead to the Organic Grower Summit 2022
- 2022-11-22 EPC Leadership Class to attend Cornell program at New York Produce Show
- 2022-11-21 Date grower-shipper brings latest products to New York Produce Show
- 2022-11-21 Pulsed Electric Field (PEF) systems for large, peeled and unpeeled potatoes
- 2022-11-21 “Water, energy and food sovereignty at the heart of medFEL 2023”
- 2022-11-18 Engels Machines at the ExpoSE 2022 fair in Karlsruhe, Germany
- 2022-11-16 "Focus on the future of horticulture" defining theme of IPM Essen
- 2022-11-16 Mini symposium on grape quality to take place on the 2nd of December
- 2022-11-16 Creating value with less: a hot theme at Global Berry Congress 2022
- 2022-11-14 Mushroom Days will be from May 10 to 12, 2023
- 2022-11-14 Salobrena will host the First Andalusian Subtropical Fair
- 2022-11-11 Morocco Foodex aims to conquer the British market
- 2022-11-11 New trends, innovations, and chain take center stage at Global Berry Congress
- 2022-11-07 Photo report Asia Fruit Logistica 2022
- 2022-11-04 Bolivia for the World business meetings 8-25 November 2022
- 2022-11-04 Ecuador is making moves to become more competitive in Asia
- 2022-11-04 Innovations and trends at IFPA
- 2022-11-04 International Agroferomonas and Biological Control Days
- 2022-11-04 German Ports at transport logistic Americas