- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
Company supports Breast Cancer Awareness Month
US: California Giant Berries proud to wear Pink
Supporting healthy lifestyles and charitable giving are continued commitments at California Giant Berry Farms and the company regularly communicates with consumers about the brand's mission of health and philanthropy. “We want our customers and consumers to know that purchasing our berries makes a difference in not only their health, but also in their communities” says Cindy Jewell, Director of Marketing. “We are excited about maintaining this messaging for the third year and look forward to the new twist on the awareness campaign”, Jewell adds.
Since the company has seen success with engagement across their social media platforms, the “We Support Supporters” promotion will utilize these platforms to connect with consumers and allow them an opportunity to share their stories, as well as submit the local or national cancer-related non-profit they would like to support. Five finalists will be selected from all the submissions and the California Giant social media community will have a chance to vote for their favorite. All five finalists will receive donations to their charity of choice, with the winner getting the largest contribution. The promotion will launch on October 1, 2012.
In addition, throughout October, California Giant will feature consumer submitted “pink” photos in their Facebook cover images to rally the support of the entire social community for these brave individuals and groups. Pink t-shirts and other prizes will be awarded to the weekly cover models. “We had such heart-felt communication last year with our consumer friends on Facebook and Twitter that we really want to champion their stories this year and let them have a direct say in which very worthy organizations receive our donation,” says Bill Moncovich, President.
Consumers purchasing California Giant brand berries will see the pink ribbon on the strawberry labels in support of breast cancer awareness and will be directed to www.CalGiant.com/win where they will receive more information about the promotion and how to participate. Consumers with a smartphone can simply scan the QR code on the label to be directed to the company site for complete details.
California Giant Berry Farms is an active long time supporter of the American Cancer Society, Children’s Hospice, the Jacobs Heart Foundation that supports children battling cancer, and the Santa Cruz Cancer Benefit Group that provides research funding to the University of California.
For more information:
California Giant Berry Farms
Tel: (831) 728-1965 x258
Mobile: (831) 566-2202
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Pennsylvania Cooperative Potato Growers celebrate 100 years of cooperation
- 2022-11-25 Lineage Logistics officially opens fully automated Cool Port II
- 2022-11-25 AUSVEG welcomes new directors
- 2022-11-25 New management structure for Heemskerk fresh & easy
- 2022-11-24 Canadian growers invest $10,000 in St. John Ambulance
- 2022-11-24 AgroFresh transitions from publicly traded to private ownership
- 2022-11-24 Could your ugly Christmas sweater feature a pineapple?
- 2022-11-24 Cor van der Kaaij steps down from Lokal Harvest
- 2022-11-24 "Encouraging demand from hospitality, but retail is slowing"
- 2022-11-24 Japanese agri equipment leader invests in Israeli fresh produce quality control start-up
- 2022-11-23 "I love that I can add my expertise to VH's vertical packaging specialization"
- 2022-11-23 Driscoll's Russell Allwell discusses Berry Gardens acquisition
- 2022-11-23 Fyffes melon subsidiary wins social responsibility award in Honduras
- 2022-11-23 West Pak Avocado adds to sales team
- 2022-11-22 Oppy's John Anderson named to Business Laureates Hall of Fame
- 2022-11-22 Del Monte Foods finishes new Doha facility
- 2022-11-21 Paul Mastronardi honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2022-11-21 Monterey Mushrooms hires new western region sales director
- 2022-11-21 British Columbia and Saskatchewan companies partner in improving soil health
- 2022-11-21 France: Ombrea signs partnership with Banque des Territoires for 350 MW of agrivoltaic projects