- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Agro Merchants extends services through Port of Savannah
“We are very excited to work with the AGRO Merchants team on our Peruvian grape program in Savannah. Their superb customer service has been evident since day one and their reputation as an expert third-party service provider in the perishable industry is well founded,” says Jose Antonio Martinez, Chief Operating Officer of Divine Flavor.
The fresh Peruvian table grapes will be delivered to retailers located in the Southeast and Midwest U.S. Besides cost savings in transportation, the proximity of the Port of Savannah to Divine Flavor’s customers will save up to five days in delivery, allowing retailers to offer the freshest products to their customers.
In response to the rising market demand for fresh produce to be handled through the growing Savannah seaport, AGRO modified part of the nearly 400,000 square feet of the Nordic frozen facility into a chilled refrigerated space. The converted space is an interim solution while the company completes construction of a new facility in the Port of Savannah.
To ensure the process AGRO engaged with Lucca Cold Storage, a member of AGRO Merchants Group, offering cold storage and value-added services supporting the fresh produce industry at the Port of Philadelphia.
CBP Agriculture and USDA inspections were completed on site at Nordic, which is now a certified Container Freight Station and legal extension of the Port of Savannah. “Completing the inspections on site at Nordic is vitally important to our customers and to AGRO. It allows our customers to import fresh produce from all over the world and ensure the cold chain is never broken,” said Don Schoenl, President of AGRO Merchants Group North America.
4300 Pleasantdale Rd
Atlanta, GA 30340
Mob : 208 989 5287
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-27 Drewry’s composite World Container Index dropped 2% this week
- 2023-01-27 Teesside Airport in the UK approved for handling of perishables
- 2023-01-27 Europe to Asia reefer rates slide
- 2023-01-26 E-truck to deliver 18 million kilograms of fruit and veg every year
- 2023-01-26 A charter flight that connects the Apulian region to Fruit Logistica
- 2023-01-26 A first for Belgian supermarket chain: using an unmanned vehicle to deliver groceries
- 2023-01-26 Hapag-Lloyd acquires share in J M Baxi Ports & Logistics Limited
- 2023-01-26 Import of fruits and vegetables from China to Russia is allowed again
- 2023-01-26 Chinese New Year 2023: Deployed capacity drops sharply
- 2023-01-25 Maersk and MSC to discontinue 2M alliance in 2025
- 2023-01-25 Freshfel Europe exchange on sustainable and reliable logistics infrastructure for fresh produce
- 2023-01-25 '2023 starts with China reopening its economy after the Zero Covid policies'
- 2023-01-25 Nigerian president opens Lekki Port, largest port in the country
- 2023-01-25 Viasea launches new service between the United Kingdom and Norway
- 2023-01-25 DP World invests £12 million in new infrastructure at London Gateway
- 2023-01-25 Export cargoes may come to halt in Pakistan
- 2023-01-24 Cape Town port fruit export volumes up 8%
- 2023-01-24 HHLA sees great potential for further growth in the Adriatic region
- 2023-01-24 Minister Wenger of Finance and Economic Opportunities hosts fourth annual Port Stakeholder Engagement
- 2023-01-24 Ocean shipping rates are crumbling