- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- "I have 400 tons of unsold grapes on the vines"
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
Morocco: Seed company beats shelf-life worries
According to Agrosem's Business Development Manager, Mohamed Itaki: “We developed Mexico 86 to deal with challenges we faced before with the other variety. This variety is resistant to leaf curl virus among other diseases. We are also able to maintain our supply chain as we have also been able to extend our season. We have been supplying to Russia which is a difficult market and one of our furthest destinations. So far, so good.”
Agrosem, also exports its tomatoes to Europe, with the UK and France topping the list. They plan to invest more resources in developing new and better varieties in future. "Developing new varieties isn't as easy as finding good varieties, it takes time but we have to keep going," he adds.
Established in 2007, this Moroccan seed company has been working with companies like Monsanto, Seminis and Yuksel Seeds. Agrosem has three stations in Agadir and all stations are composed of different commercial teams.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-07 Breeder and grower partnership allows to grow and improve leafy greens strategically
- 2022-10-07 Earlier arrival of asparagus from Mexico causes downward pressure on pricing
- 2022-10-07 "We all knew that the peak in demand that prevailed during Covid could not be sustained"
- 2022-10-07 White cabbage of the future: pointed or flat
- 2022-10-07 "Cauliflower is pricey, but limited supply and high costs give no cause to celebrate"
- 2022-10-07 Millennial parents favor vegetables as bite-sized snacks
- 2022-10-07 Kenyan farmers in Thika East Sub County thrive via irrigation agriculture
- 2022-10-07 Turkish imports are pushing down tomato prices in Ukraine
- 2022-10-06 Shortages of organic zucchini and cucumber in the markets continues to drive prices up
- 2022-10-06 "Given the current energy crisis, expeditious marketing would be particularly beneficial this year"
- 2022-10-06 Pakistan vegetable prices go through the roof
- 2022-10-05 US tomato prices will probably go up due to Hurricane Ian
- 2022-10-05 More ginger available this year due to diminished demand from Eastern Europe
- 2022-10-05 Tomato prices in Uzbekistan still at record levels
- 2022-10-05 Habaneros grown in Kyoto Prefecture are being shipped out
- 2022-10-05 James Hall & Co. Ltd pumpkins have arrived in SPAR stores this week
- 2022-10-04 Vegetable prices are up in India as rain affects supply
- 2022-10-04 Indian exporters seek Goods and Services Tax extension on export ocean freight
- 2022-10-04 In the 2021/22 campaign, Spain broke its historical cucumber export volume, value, and price records
- 2022-10-04 Albanian vegetable imports increased by almost 46%