- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
Increased early volumes
Wind delays South African grape shipments
There have been some reports of rain in the Aussenkehr region of Namibia, which is said to have halted harvesting temporarily, but this was not confirmed by growers in the region. Rain fell throughout Namibia yesterday which is great news for the drought stricken country. It has not rained for many years in the Aussenkehr region. There is no mention of any damage to production, just reports of a short break in picking.
Volumes, brix and quality is said to be high from Namibia with good potential shelf life. Volumes will average, good but not exceptional.
There was also a delay in loading at Capetown last week, due to record high winds, which meant nothing could be loaded for 7-8 days, so arrivals in Europe will be later that expected. There have been no further delays at the port and overall the situation at the port has increased dramatically in the last few years.
Click here for larger image
According to the latest statistics from the South African Table Grape Industry, Satgi, the big increase in intake up to wk 45 (over 280,000 cartons) is due to a significant increase in planting of new, early varieties coming into commercial volumes this season. The Northern Province has seen 129 HA more production this season.
Click here for larger image
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-07 El Niño impacts timing/volume on grape and stone fruit imports
- 2023-12-07 International Table Grape Symposium: Who’s stealing your lunch?
- 2023-12-07 Hawkes Bay apple crop shows good signs of recovery
- 2023-12-07 Moldovan apple exports remain critically low
- 2023-12-07 Mangoes and cherries are facing really really short seasons
- 2023-12-07 Tasmanian cherries in season again
- 2023-12-06 “This could be the dream table grape season for us in Ica”
- 2023-12-06 Are orange candy melons the future of the melon category?
- 2023-12-06 Strawberry prices surge again, exceeding 10 euros per kilo
- 2023-12-06 Southern African blueberry industry set to recover
- 2023-12-06 Grape storage volumes down compared to last year
- 2023-12-06 Anticipated apple exports from Brazil fall short
- 2023-12-06 GI certification helps strawberry growers boost income
- 2023-12-06 "Our stocks of apples sold out about a month ago"
- 2023-12-06 Bayer’s 5th winter melon week was driven by portfolio and strategic marketing solutions
- 2023-12-05 New marketing strategies proposed to strengthen British Columbia apple industry