- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
China’s Qifeng: Looking ahead to the 2016 kiwi season
"Chinese kiwi market is flourishing"
Qifeng grows the green Xuxiang, Cuixiang and Hayward kiwi varieties, red Hongyang and yellow Golden kiwis (Chinese name: Jin yan). The companies largest product is the Xuxiang kiwi, which it grows in Shaanxi province. Second biggest variety is the Hayward kiwi. The company sources kiwis from Shaanxi and Sichuan province. Qifeng exports its Golden and Hayward kiwi’s. The new Shaanxi kiwi season will start in the end of August. The earliest available variety will be the Hongyang kiwi in late August, followed by the Xuxiang, Cuixiang Hayward and Jinyan varieties in September.
Qifeng has recently invested in new packaging and sorting lines, installed by MAF Roda China
Head office and packing house of Qifeng in China's Shaanxi province
Zespri's presence in China
“Qifeng exports Xuxiang and Hayward kiwis to Russia and a number of Asian markets, including wholesale markets in Thailand and Vietnam. Total exports are growing and our team has recently concluded a number of business trips to Dubai and Malaysia. In addition, foreign companies are growing their presence in China. Zespri, for example, is a strong exporter of New Zealand kiwis. Overall, I perceive these to be positive developments. Zespri’s growth and marketing cloud is strengthening the domestic kiwi market. Their export season does not overlap with domestic production, and as such the company is not a direct competitor to us.”
Recently, the Qifeng team has made preliminary visits to clients in Dubai and Malaysia. In the future the company hopes to increase exports.
“Online sales activities are becoming increasingly important for Qifeng. The company’s online sales target for 2016 is set to 100 million Yuan (equal to 13.5 million Euro). The online sales strategy is targeting different end-clients and consumer groups. We sell B2B and B2C. In addition, we are working to roll out a cooperation programme with Tmall. High percentage of customers that bought our product in the past are returning customers. In 2016 we aim to grow our online customer base. Our hope is that Qifeng can grow to become China’s largest online kiwi supplier.”
For more information:
Shaanxi Qifeng Fruit Industry
Tel: +86 1367 1948 857
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-04 Grenada increases soursop production to boost exports
- 2023-12-04 Pricing to climb this week on mangoes
- 2023-12-04 Lack of facilities in Sindh results in less fresh date export
- 2023-12-04 Japan destroyed Vietnamese durian shipment due to higher than allowed MRLs
- 2023-12-04 Exotic fruits are being brought to Novosibirsk for the New Year
- 2023-12-04 Egyptian guava and mango exports to EU triple in last 5 years
- 2023-12-04 Moroccan avocado imports growing despite local production
- 2023-12-01 Four countries focus on China’s $20 billion durian market
- 2023-12-01 Good demand as Israel’s avocado harvest continues into main part of season
- 2023-12-01 "30% of Malaga's avocado and mango crops are going to die"
- 2023-12-01 “Due to the weakness of the trees, this year there has been a major problem with aerial fungus”
- 2023-12-01 "Smaller sizes means Mexico is sending hardly any avocados to Europe this season"
- 2023-11-30 Export of Spanish kakis to China greenlighted in a campaign affected by blizzards
- 2023-11-30 Indian pomegranate prices to drop by January
- 2023-11-30 Rains take a toll on mango production in Konkan region
- 2023-11-30 South American avocado companies join forces