- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Midu Potato harvest this year
China: strong potato demand
This year, the potato production in most of the domestic regions declined due to the impact of the sudden drop in temperatures or snow. As a consequence, a large number of potato traders swarmed to all the key potato growing counties in Dali city to purchase their potato productions. The huge market demand led to the increase of potato price position. Compared with last year, it increased over 4 Yuan per kilo, reaching a sales price of 8-10 Yuan per kilo. Therefore, the potato farmers' revenue doubled that of last year. These purchased potatoes were shipped to major cities in China, such as Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou. Meanwhile, some were sold directly to southern east countries. According to Ms. Li from Midu county, the potato farmers can continue to grow celery, tomatoes and cucumbers in the soil after the potato harvest, which guarantees a very good revenue for local growers.
For more information, please contact:
The communication department in Midu County
Tel: +86 08728168329+86 08728168329
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-04 "Delayed Moroccan season may result in shorter but more lucrative campaign"
- 2023-12-04 Fungi Kingdom bio-art installation offers contemplative space in Buenos Aires
- 2023-12-04 Oxnard artichokes in full production in time for the holidays
- 2023-12-04 Peruvian asparagus volume 20 percent lower than 2022
- 2023-12-04 "Demand for brassicas and cabbages is 30% higher than expected in Europe and prices are very high"
- 2023-12-04 Johan van Namen passes the reins to his nephews
- 2023-12-04 Brassicas for every taste
- 2023-12-04 In Russia, the prices of some vegetables are expected to rise by almost a quarter
- 2023-12-01 Geographic advantage for homegrown-frisée
- 2023-12-01 Peru exported more than 3,000 tons of garlic in October
- 2023-12-01 Spain: Rosa de Barbastro tomato production one million less than expected
- 2023-12-01 95% of greenhouses in Turkmenistan specialize in tomato production
- 2023-12-01 Bringing affordable specialty mushrooms to tables across Germany
- 2023-12-01 "The more we talk about asparagus, the more we will sell"
- 2023-12-01 Strong Mexico winter market expected due to water shortage
- 2023-12-01 "Zero waste production is the way to go and, in Almeria, we have already achieved it"