- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- "I have 400 tons of unsold grapes on the vines"
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
"80% reduction in the use of chemical pesticides"
Israel: New plant protector based on vegetal oil protects plants against pests and fungal diseases
The product was developed by the Israeli ARO (Agricultural Research Organization), during the last 5 years together with the Israeli laboratory "Agro Shelef". According to Agro Shelef, the experience accumulated in Israel on over 200 ha of beef and cherry tomatoes, strawberries and other crops, brought about an up to 80% reduction in the use of chemical pesticides.
This success has led to a current large-scale experimentation project throughout Israel in commercial production of citrus and 300 ha of cucumbers. Some of the crops in which "Tamar-Tech" has demonstrated its beneficial effects are: tomato, bell-pepper, cucumber, zucchini, aubergine, strawberry, flowers, herbs and citrus.
The main arthropods controlled in vegetables and fruit trees are various spider-mites, including Red Spider-mite (Tetranychus urticae), different aphids, greenflies, whiteflies, e.g. Bemisia tabaci, mealy bugs, and thrips. The main fungal diseases currently controlled by "Tamar-Tech" are Oidium, Oidiopsis and alternaria.
More details can be found on the website of Agro Shelef: www.agroshelef.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-07 Cooler summer forecast, which is good news for South African farmers
- 2022-10-07 Expanding into all-round product supplier to create a robust business model
- 2022-10-07 Egypt: Agricultural exports reach 5 million ton mark
- 2022-10-07 Implementing the new Common Agricultural Policy: launch of the EU CAP Network
- 2022-10-07 EU trucks banned from entering Russian Federation
- 2022-10-07 Dutch companies and Bulgarian agri-producers to collaborate in doubling Bulgaria’s fruit and veg production
- 2022-10-06 Japan hopes that farm exports can alleviate weak yen troubles
- 2022-10-06 European Commission is asking Italy to reduce pesticides by 62 percent
- 2022-10-06 "Good summer for exports, but things have slowed down now"
- 2022-10-06 Current inflation in Australia is hurting everyone
- 2022-10-06 Backpackers return to regional Queensland for work
- 2022-10-06 Egypt: Finance Ministry to provide LE 2 billion to exporters
- 2022-10-06 2022/23 EU consumption of fresh apples expected to go slightly down
- 2022-10-06 Singapore wholesaler fined $6,000 for illegally importing over 395 kg of fruits and vegetables
- 2022-10-05 $160,000 in grant awards to help Rhode Island farmers expand market access for specialty crops
- 2022-10-05 What is the impact of the war in Ukraine on exports of fresh and processed fruits and vegetables?
- 2022-10-05 'British MPs should act now to expand seasonal farmworker numbers'
- 2022-10-05 "Fruit & vegetables, regardless of their origin, have become significantly more expensive"
- 2022-10-05 'Create special economic package for fruit growers'
- 2022-10-05 Cambodia-Korea FTA will come into force on December 1