- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- "I have 400 tons of unsold grapes on the vines"
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
Chilean blueberry season comes to successful close
The Chilean Blueberry Committee's closing report says in summary, that it is hard not to fall to cliché and describe the season as "very difficult."
Difficulties cited include times where there were not enough cold hours to stimulate production; too high temperatures affected quality of fruit and rainfall held up the harvest.
Despite these challenges, however, the season was a success and at an expected total export of 86,700 tons overseas trade has surpassed the previous season by 23% and initial expectations by 9%.
Export will continue for the next few weeks, but not in significant volumes. This week, for example, around 60 tons will be shipped. All activity is expected to be finished by the second half of April.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-07 Brazilian growers target Middle Eastern and Chinese fruit markets
- 2022-10-07 Jammu and Kashmir: 700 fruit laden trucks move on Mughal Road
- 2022-10-07 New Oriental Fruit Fly quarantine established in California
- 2022-10-07 Ideal winter leads to good expectations for coming 2022/23 Chilean cherry season
- 2022-10-07 'Returning orchards to farming'
- 2022-10-07 USApple launches 2023 Apples4Ed grant program
- 2022-10-07 "Vietnam has been our biggest market for fruit export for years"
- 2022-10-06 Extended California peak strawberry season is sweet news for consumers
- 2022-10-06 A team of UGA researchers is creating a “Noah’s Ark” of forgotten Southern apples
- 2022-10-06 Wisconsin cranberry crop rebounds after tough 2021 harvest
- 2022-10-06 Forecast is strong for California strawberry supplies
- 2022-10-06 Costa China farms grow blueberries, raspberries and blackberries in the Yunnan Province
- 2022-10-06 TruCapeFruit expects good 2022 cherry crop
- 2022-10-05 "We have worked with Moldovan companies that get it and are real entrepreneurs"
- 2022-10-05 Pre-solicitation announcement for purchase of fresh apples
- 2022-10-05 Upstate NY apple orchard named the third-best in the United States
- 2022-10-05 Ramping up Cotton Candy grape volume
- 2022-10-05 Surge in Eastern US apple harvest includes a Honeycrisp rebound season
- 2022-10-05 "Surplus puts serious pressure on start of Belgian top fruit season"
- 2022-10-05 Strawberry growers from north of Paraná get Geographical Indication