- Orchard Programmes Regional Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Packaging Supervisor - Mumbai, India
- Farm Manager - Czech Republic
- Citrus Agronomist - Can Tho, Vietnam
- Fresh Produce Trader - Den Haag, Netherlands
- Sales manager Europe
- Sales Representative - Northern Lower Michigan, USA
- Sales Representative - Florida, USA
- Business Development Manager Grapes, Citrus and Mangoes - Maasdijk, The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Grower’s Assistant - Hawaii, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Liquid methane gas alternative for diesel fuel
Care for the environment is becoming more and more of an issue in business today, also in the transport sector and liquid methane gas is a good alternative for diesel fuel.
Hollander Barendrecht, as well as Jumbo Supermarkets have trucks running on liquid methane gas. Jumbo uses them for long distances, such as the transport from distribution centres to shops. Liquid methane gas and diesel fuel are used in combination. When the liquid methane gas and the diesel fuel are mixed in a proportion of 75-25 a truck can run 500 to 1000 km. depending on the driving circumstances.
The use of the liquid gas depends on economies that are made by using it. The gas is cheaper. One kilo (liquid methane is expressed in kilos) costs less than one litre of diesel and contains 35% more energy. A truck running on it, is far more expensive though. A normal truck costs 100.000 Euro, a truck running on liquid gas, 35.000 Euro more. And also the refuelling possibilities are restricted. Some more facilities are planned though.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-02-22 Australian fresh produce industry gearing up for export security changes
- 2019-02-22 Pamyra signs up for logistics partnership with Fresh Logistics System
- 2019-02-22 APM Terminals Barcelona increases reefer capacity and reduces CO2 emissions
- 2019-02-21 Sustainability requirements will accelerate switch to reefer containers
- 2019-02-21 “Container lines need to pass on IMO 2020 costs”
- 2019-02-21 Maersk enhances Asia-Europe Network to further improve schedule reliability
- 2019-02-21 APM Terminals helps streamline global fruit company’s logistics
- 2019-02-21 Girteka Logistics continues its expansion abroad with new transport base in Poland
- 2019-02-20 "Phoenix needs more storage and distribution facilities"
- 2019-02-20 Peru: More than 40,000 transporters begin a national strike
- 2019-02-19 APM Terminals Ecuador improving efficiency & reducing complexity
- 2019-02-19 Port of Hamburg sets record for seaport-hinterland rail traffic
- 2019-02-18 "The market is focused, so we have to specialize further"
- 2019-02-18 Australia's biggest cargo ship - Tasmanian Achiever II
- 2019-02-18 Morocco & Spain to build railway line
- 2019-02-15 "The material for our products undergoes an upcycling process"
- 2019-02-15 Netherlands: Container growth pushes throughput at port of Rotterdam to new highs
- 2019-02-14 Brexit No-deal plan for continued Channel Tunnel operations
- 2019-02-14 India: All eyes on Srinagar-Jammu highway as empty markets await supplies
- 2019-02-13 Port of Melbourne to upgrade infrastructure