- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Israeli figs now available
Harvesting of the figs has commenced in Israel, and Avniv, one of the country's largest exporter of figs, have new varieties available for consumers.
“Avniv is exporting fresh figs to many countries and serving supermarket chains all around the world,” said Avniv's CEO, Niva Ben Zion. Her company enjoyed a 40 percent share of Israel's fig market, so they have the ability to ship their product all over the world. They currently ship loose and pre-packed 15 punnet boxes, and they're also introducing new fig varieties this season.
“We have some special just-discovered varieties which include the Zebra and the Pear fig,” said Niva Ben Zion. Those varieties are currently being shipped to the United Kingdom, and they should be followed soon by Brazilian, Nazareth Green and Bursa figs.
The current season will last until September, take a break of several weeks, and then continue from the end of October until January.
For more information:
Niva Ben Zion
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-18 Kenyan politicians call for farmers to switch from maize to avocados
- 2018-12-18 Spain: Kakis have ripened too quickly, with no time to store the production
- 2018-12-18 Orogel Fresco: Good year for the persimmon
- 2018-12-17 Réunion: Mango production threatened by flies
- 2018-12-14 Peeling a mango in seconds
- 2018-12-14 "Imported mangoes from Vietnam and Cambodia sell well in China"
- 2018-12-12 Ecuador: “We expect that the market will improve toward the end of our mango season”
- 2018-12-12 "Fresh pineapple prices some 6 percent higher than two months ago"
- 2018-12-12 India: Lack of export market thwarts kiwi growers in Arunachal Pradesh
- 2018-12-12 "Obvious market superiority of Hainan pineapples"
- 2018-12-12 Chinese consumers love Keitt mangoes
- 2018-12-11 Avocados: Hyped-up superfood funds Mexican drug lords
- 2018-12-11 Australia: Perth business to sell new avocado ice-cream
- 2018-12-11 Avocado producer has 'game plan' for second tier avocados
- 2018-12-11 Kipepeo welcomes first tropical fruits from new bio & fair project in Indonesia
- 2018-12-11 Chinese demand for avocados linked to drought in Latin America
- 2018-12-11 South Korean firm confident in Samoan nonu
- 2018-12-11 Delayed winter takes a bite off red guava production in Allahabad
- 2018-12-11 Rwanda: From humble beginnings to successful avocado oil firm
- 2018-12-10 New Zealand avocado growers in Environment Court