- Lighting Applications Specialist - Beamsville (Ontario) Canada
- Senior Product Manager Young Plants
- (Senior) Sourcing Manager Soft Fruit
- IPM Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Human Resources Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Assistant Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Head Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- General Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist - Hallam, Victoria, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
UK: Tomatoes help protect skin from sun
Recent scientific tests suggest that consumption of tomato paste can help protest against sunburn and damage to skin caused by sunburn.
This is due to the presence of lycopene, the natural ingredient that gives tomatoes their colour.
The study focused on people fed processed tomato products. They were seen to have a reduced redness in skin and less DNA damage when exposed to UV light.
The effects on their skins was compared with those who were instead only olive oil.
The researchers found significant 33% improvement in the skin’s ability to protect itself against UV among those eating tomato paste. The researchers calculated the the effects of tomatoes on the skin were equivalent to a suncream factor 1.3.
Skin samples taken from groups before and after trial showed an increase in levels of procollagen, a molecule which gives skin its structure and loss of which leads to skin ageing and lack of elasticity.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-04-24 Tarn-et-Garonne: "The white asparagus is here"
- 2019-04-24 First organic ginger and turmeric arrives from Peru
- 2019-04-24 Légulice plans to open a new mushroom farm in the Loire Valley
- 2019-04-24 Brazil launches a lettuce that is more resistant to heat
- 2019-04-24 Spain: Cordoba's garlic "is in great condition and has an exceptional quality"
- 2019-04-24 Peruvian garlic may have opportunities in China
- 2019-04-23 “There’s a growing demand for lettuce mixes”
- 2019-04-23 "Overseas demand for Chinese fresh ginger is weak"
- 2019-04-23 “Spreading out the start of orange bell peppers' production can only be beneficial”
- 2019-04-23 Mayors open Belgian asparagus season with first cut
- 2019-04-23 China: Price of garlic drops as fresh supplies enter Jinxiang Market
- 2019-04-23 Sustainably grown asparagus at start of Dutch supermarket Jumbo’s asparagus season
- 2019-04-23 Fellini Patrizio grows produce 150 meters from the facility
- 2019-04-23 "Raffaelo asparagus becoming important late variety in Western and Central Europe"
- 2019-04-23 China: "Slight fall in volumes of carrots in Xiamen this year"
- 2019-04-23 China: Squash prices show an upward trend
- 2019-04-23 How mushrooms got their names
- 2019-04-22 Planting gaps will strain California bok choy supplies
- 2019-04-22 Sweet corn could be solution for Southwest Georgia Agriculture
- 2019-04-22 Inspiring consumers with a choice of new colours