- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UK: Tomatoes help protect skin from sun
Recent scientific tests suggest that consumption of tomato paste can help protest against sunburn and damage to skin caused by sunburn.
This is due to the presence of lycopene, the natural ingredient that gives tomatoes their colour.
The study focused on people fed processed tomato products. They were seen to have a reduced redness in skin and less DNA damage when exposed to UV light.
The effects on their skins was compared with those who were instead only olive oil.
The researchers found significant 33% improvement in the skin’s ability to protect itself against UV among those eating tomato paste. The researchers calculated the the effects of tomatoes on the skin were equivalent to a suncream factor 1.3.
Skin samples taken from groups before and after trial showed an increase in levels of procollagen, a molecule which gives skin its structure and loss of which leads to skin ageing and lack of elasticity.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-18 Italy: The sowing phase of the PGI Spring Carrot from Ispica is over
- 2018-12-18 Italy: static sales for leeks
- 2018-12-18 Lettuces slim on supplies post-romaine recall
- 2018-12-18 New arugula varieties entering the US market January 2019
- 2018-12-18 "Green mini asparagus already established within gastronomy"
- 2018-12-18 China: "Bonsai vegetables" trending in Shanghai
- 2018-12-18 Spain: "Prices should not be set by just a handful of marketers"
- 2018-12-18 “Prices of lettuce varieties doing well"
- 2018-12-17 Tomato supplies tight for December
- 2018-12-17 UK: Florette launches festive packaging for Crispy range
- 2018-12-17 Artichokes are an important product for Tunisia
- 2018-12-17 Turkish company exports 20 varieties of miniature vegetables
- 2018-12-17 “Practical giant white radish for Dutch market”
- 2018-12-17 In Egypt and Morocco the season of green beans is underway
- 2018-12-17 “Organic chestnut mushrooms more popular than white mushrooms”
- 2018-12-17 Italy: Garlic segment at risk
- 2018-12-17 Turkey: Harvest in the fields after heavy rain
- 2018-12-14 China: Demand for organic sweet potato exceeds supply
- 2018-12-14 Italy: Dehydrated garlic, gentler smell but stronger taste
- 2018-12-14 Marcel van der Pluijm starts Feeling Fresh