- Want to grow your business?
- Gartenbaumeister (Deutschland) - Niederrhein
- Group Chief Operating Officer
- Allround Medewerker Bedrijfsbureau - Est, Nederland
- General Manager Fresh Produce Manufacturing - Tasmania (Australia)
- Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
- Integrated Crop Management (ICM) Technician - Olds (Alberta) Canada
- Hoofd Engineering - Gameren, Nederland
- Manager Operations - Gameren, Nederland
- Master Vegetable - Flower Grower
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "We are the first organic citrus company to pack 100% without plastic"
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Biggest problem facing avocado sector in coming years will be supply, not demand
- Clearing the rubble in Spain after the severe weather; leafy vegetable shortages a sure thing in the winter"
- Severe weather in Spain has disastrous local effects
UK: Tomatoes help protect skin from sun
Recent scientific tests suggest that consumption of tomato paste can help protest against sunburn and damage to skin caused by sunburn.
This is due to the presence of lycopene, the natural ingredient that gives tomatoes their colour.
The study focused on people fed processed tomato products. They were seen to have a reduced redness in skin and less DNA damage when exposed to UV light.
The effects on their skins was compared with those who were instead only olive oil.
The researchers found significant 33% improvement in the skin’s ability to protect itself against UV among those eating tomato paste. The researchers calculated the the effects of tomatoes on the skin were equivalent to a suncream factor 1.3.
Skin samples taken from groups before and after trial showed an increase in levels of procollagen, a molecule which gives skin its structure and loss of which leads to skin ageing and lack of elasticity.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-10-11 Young scientist grows organic shiitake mushrooms in Nagaland, India
- 2019-10-11 Sharp drop in Polish greenhouse tomato prices
- 2019-10-11 India: Vegetable prices soar in Hyderabad as rains damage crops
- 2019-10-11 "On average, the bell pepper season has been just right for Dutch growers"
- 2019-10-11 Spanish growers unwilling to accept no-deal Brexit
- 2019-10-11 Storms and acreage reduction result in limited supply of leafy vegetables in Spain
- 2019-10-11 Authentic tomato flavor brought back in a small Catalan town
- 2019-10-10 Introduction of new pepper flavors: Black Jalapeno and Wild Wonders
- 2019-10-10 New Zealand: Carrot prices dropping to seven-year low
- 2019-10-10 "The supply and quality of winter vegetables is currently in perfect shape"
- 2019-10-10 Gene Akins awarded Florida Tomato Man of the Year
- 2019-10-10 Full and innovative baby leaf range supplied by the Italian Maraldi
- 2019-10-10 “Vine-ripened round tomato changes North American tomato industry”
- 2019-10-10 “Sweet corn growers & processors could dramatically increase yields and profits”
- 2019-10-10 US (FL): Virus in Mexican tomatoes causing concern, USDA action needed
- 2019-10-09 Good conditions ahead of Florida squash season
- 2019-10-09 Quarter of Americans do not eat vegetables
- 2019-10-09 Easier-to-peel leeks for soup and pre-packs
- 2019-10-09 "KWS Saat take over ensures continuity of Pop Vriend Seeds"
- 2019-10-08 Morocco sells more tomatoes to the EU