- Supply Chain Coordinator - Kudelstaart, Netherlands
- Plant Buyer - Kudelstaart, Netherlands
- Hydroponic Grower - Livingston (Tennessee) USA
- Assistant Grower - Chatham (ON) Canada
- Director - Eastern U.S.
- Commercial Specialist
- Product Development Specialist Tomato
- Customer Service & Supply Chain Seeds
- Business Development Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower - Harrisonburg (VA) USA
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: June is Georgia blueberry month
June also marks the peak of season for Georgia Blueberries, which have a harvest that lasts from late April through July, the longest in North America for the berry.
"Georgia is among the top five blueberry-producing states in the U.S.," stated Joe Cornelius, Chairman of the Georgia Blueberry Commission. "We expect another great season with about 60 million pounds harvested. Given the rate of production over the last couple of seasons, Georgia could become the second largest blueberry producer in a few years."
The health benefits of blueberries make them an excellent addition to a wide range of recipes.
Full of antioxidants, Georgia Blueberries are a delicious way to lower cholesterol and decrease your risk of heart disease. There are even reports that can help in the fight against cancer. They’re high in fiber, contain no fat and at just 80 calories per cup, Sweet Georgia Blues are an easy and convenient snack.
Georgia Blueberry Commission has a host of recipes available and can arrange print, online or television interviews and/or cooking segments with one of their well-known cookbook authors and bloggers. Members of the Georgia Blueberry Commission are also available to discuss this year’s crop and economic outlook.
For more information:
Tel: +1 813-610-3211
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2014-06-27 Increasing supply of German raspberries
- 2014-06-27 Germany: difficult strawberry season
- 2014-06-27 AU: Blueberry industry booming
- 2014-06-26 Spain: Raspberry production up 8 % this year
- 2014-06-26 Berry good prospects for growth on Tasmanian farms
- 2014-06-25 Argentina: Blueberry production stable in recent years
- 2014-06-25 Spain: Strawberry exports grew 33% up to March
- 2014-06-24 US (CA): Santa Cruz County crop value closes in on $600 million
- 2014-06-24 Peru expects to export 5,000 tons of blueberries this year
- 2014-06-23 Colombia: Cape gooseberries succeed in U.S. market
- 2014-06-23 US: Jersey strawberries back after damaging hail storm
- 2014-06-23 Strawberries sales stay strong in Ireland
- 2014-06-20 Norway: Raspberry production moves to old greenhouses
- 2014-06-19 California Strawberry Commission continues research to improve soil-borne diseases
- 2014-06-18 The third season of Fragolà gets under way
- 2014-06-17 Peru could have 4,000 acres of blueberries in 2020
- 2014-06-16 Spain: Murcia exports its cherries to nine states of the European Union
- 2014-06-13 Italy: Soft fruit production calendar extended
- 2014-06-11 Spain: Low prices reduce strawberry export revenue by 25 %
- 2014-06-11 Chile: Blueberry export season ended with 15% drop in exports