- Sales Manager
- Want to grow your business?
- Gartenbaumeister (Deutschland) - Niederrhein
- Group Chief Operating Officer
- Allround Medewerker Bedrijfsbureau - Est, Nederland
- General Manager Fresh Produce Manufacturing - Tasmania (Australia)
- Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
- Integrated Crop Management (ICM) Technician - Olds (Alberta) Canada
- Hoofd Engineering - Gameren, Nederland
- Manager Operations - Gameren, Nederland
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "We are the first organic citrus company to pack 100% without plastic"
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Violence in Mexico puts avocado exports to the US at risk
- Biggest problem facing avocado sector in coming years will be supply, not demand
- Clearing the rubble in Spain after the severe weather; leafy vegetable shortages a sure thing in the winter"
Posie Packer appoints Novatech Packaging Systems
US: Southern California dealer appointed
According to Mr. Pat McClare, "we have been monitoring the implications of the Food Safety Modernization Act and are anticipating the changing packaging needs of our customer base. The need for increased food safety in North America is paramount and this implies that more and more produce items will be packed in poly bags labeled with a time sensitive human readable label to provide item traceability, not only for the consumer, but for all of those involved in the distribution channel. Currently the only method to apply this label is manual application. The Posie Packer poly bag labeling machine offers a cost effective means to apply this label to the wicketed poly bags commonly used for produce items packed in the warehouse or in the field."
John Vandergrift of Posie Packer says "Unlike Europe our current market, having time sensitive human readable information (traceability, sustainability etc.) is not yet mandated by North American supermarkets. However the supermarkets are responding to this fundamental shift in consumers need for information about the food they eat. Instead of a trust approach, consumers now demand a show me approach. Using labels is a low cost method to transmit this continually changing information, and for poly bagged food items such as produce, the produce bag labeling machine simplifies applying these labels."
For more information:
Posie Packer Corp.
Novatech Packaging Solutions
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-10-11 The Unipaker is single pick and packs up to 75 packs a minute
- 2019-10-11 "The great challenge in packaging is to achieve a natural, sustainable and premium appearance”
- 2019-10-10 Canadian company launches all-paper label and waste liner
- 2019-10-10 Owyhee Produce to grow its own onions bags
- 2019-10-10 Casting the limelight on eco-design and packaging
- 2019-10-10 Launching sustainable greener packaging
- 2019-10-08 Earthcycle™ home compostable packaging unveils new designs
- 2019-10-08 Embrapa Food Technology’s innovative fruit case
- 2019-10-08 Banana Leaf Preservation Technology: Leaves to replace single use plastics
- 2019-10-03 The ultimate sustainable packaging: woven coconut leaf baskets
- 2019-10-02 Greenhouse leader expands sustainable solutions
- 2019-10-02 France: “Demand for wood packaging increases as plastic becomes less popular”
- 2019-10-02 Giacovelli chooses Grape Touch labels
- 2019-10-01 Mazzoni Group opts for natural branding
- 2019-10-01 Dutch company gets new apple packaging
- 2019-10-01 Waitrose & Partners to reduce plastic packaging
- 2019-09-27 New 100% recycled containers to keep fried foods warm and crunchy
- 2019-09-26 Organic goods store Denn comes out on top
- 2019-09-26 PMA packaging committee in Chile to work on creation of sustainability plan
- 2019-09-24 Sustainable packaging management is the motto in the fresh trade