- Lighting Applications Specialist - Beamsville (Ontario) Canada
- Senior Product Manager Young Plants
- (Senior) Sourcing Manager Soft Fruit
- IPM Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Human Resources Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Assistant Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Head Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- General Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist - Hallam, Victoria, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Eating watermelon can reduce heart risk
In a study by scientists, an amino acid found in watermelon improve the performance of the arteries and reduces blood pressure in about one in nine patients with pre-hypertension. You might have to take the L-arginine, an amino acid essential for maintaining healthy blood pressure, as a supplement. However, these supplements to some adults have adverse effects such asnausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea. Instead, the researchers found no adverse effects of respondents who ate watermelon. The fruit even store other nutrients such as vitamins A, B6, C, fiber, potassium and lycopene, a powerful antioxidant.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-04-24 Danish fruit growers dealing with surpluses
- 2019-04-24 China: "Keeping cost of fruit imports low by direct investment in overseas plantations"
- 2019-04-24 "Southeast Asian market offers opportunities to Chinese fruit"
- 2019-04-23 China: Average price of fruit in Shenzhen expected to rise in April
- 2019-04-23 Fiji imports $21.4 million of fresh fruit annually
- 2019-04-15 Spain: "It didn't go well for winter fruit but stone fruit is eagerly awaited"
- 2019-04-08 Turkish cherries will soon be harvested
- 2019-04-08 Spain: Fruits in Bierzo not affected by the low temperatures
- 2019-04-05 The five most expensive fruits in the world
- 2019-04-05 Argentina's overseas fruit exports decreased by 25%
- 2019-04-04 Fresh fruit exports dropped in 2018
- 2019-04-04 The US continues to receive good volumes of Chilean fruit
- 2019-04-04 Croatian agriculture output increased in 2018
- 2019-04-04 South Africa: Government help needed for fresh fruit exports to flourish
- 2019-04-03 India: Andhra Pradesh No 1 in fruit production
- 2019-04-02 Russia proposes introduction of seasonal quotas for apple imports
- 2019-04-01 China: Average fruit prices rise for "6th consecutive month"
- 2019-03-29 Thailand: Fruit exports flourish through FTA deals
- 2019-03-29 South African fruit sector ripe for harvesting benefits of the fourth industrial revolution
- 2019-03-29 ‘Deporting undocumented workers would have huge cost impact’