- Produce Construction Manager - USA
- Sales Manager / Director - West Coast primary, USA
- Medewerker productmanagement support - Bleiswijk
- Head grower & Indoor farming-/hydroponic specialist - Küssnacht am Rigi, Switzerland
- Technical Director - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Onderzoekassistent Fenotyperen - Bleiswijk
- Horticultural Soil Sales Representative - USA
- Sales Administrator - Europe Division
- Junior Sales Manager - Europe Division
- Head Grower - Avoine, France
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Spain: Banana prices on a high
As for prices, they are stable in the whole of Europe. In Spain the banana keeps stable around the 0.75-0.80 Euro/kg for quality brands. Bananas from Antilles (Martinique and Guadalupe) keep below the rest, at around the 0.60Euro/kg.
For the remaining Winter fruits - pear, golden, fuji and royal gala apples (national and French) prices keep rising to be between 0.80 - 1 Euro/kg for the national and a bit more, 1.10-1.15Euro/kg for the overseas apple that is just starting its campaign.
Conference pear is between 1Euro and 1.10Euro/kg.
The highlight on kiwis is that this week the first stocks from New Zealand will be unloaded, with prices reaching 1.60 Euro per kilo for smaller sizes and 2.20 Euro per kilo for bigger fruits. The tendency is to be higher as the few kiwis from Italy still remaining are 1.15Euro per kilo. It coincides with the recently started campaign in Chile with kiwis somewhere between those from New Zealand and those from Italy.
Orange maintains its price raise tendency, as those of known brands are fetching between 0.85 and 0.90 Euro per kilo.
Strawberry keeps on going as the star product for Spring. With a clear tendency to go up, its prices varies between 1.50 Euro per kilo of inferior category and 2 Euro per kilo of better quality.
Avocado keeps around 2 Euro per kilo, from national origin and from Peru.
Banana freír is stable around 0.80 Euro per kilo.
Pineapple prices keep going up to reach 1.40Euro per kilo from Del Monte (the top price) and 1 Euro per kilo for the remaining brands.
Brazilian melon is also on the rise, since it's the end of the campaign and its price is around 1.30 Euro per kilo, when the campaign in Senegal is starting with very good quality and similar prices.
The first fresh stone fruits arrive with some delay due to weather. It's expected that the first stone fruit campaign starts with quality and reachable price by the 20 of May.
Still to be seen is a quite abundant amount of banana Del Monte with prices lower that in the rest of Europe. This strategy damages enormously the Canary Island banana, as at the moment, calculations say that the banana should be around 0.15Euro per kilo in Spain, but it's at its minimal in the whole Europe.
The crisis keeps on affecting consumer behavior. When a product price raises to a price that consumers don't agree with, they just stop consuming it.
During the next coming weeks a favorable market is expected for the Canary Island banana, despite a certain caution, since the season fruit and the high temperatures will come soon and a excessive raise would be a bad start of the Summer campaign, which is not already the best season for banana.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-09-29 “From 5 to 75% fairtrade bananas in 10 years”
- 2020-09-29 Chiquita stickers go pink for October's National Breast Cancer Awareness month
- 2020-09-29 Philippines: Farmer-scientist warns against ‘fake banana control agents'
- 2020-09-29 Five Panamanian packing plants allowed to export bananas to China
- 2020-09-25 “The damage of Ecuador’s volcanic eruption on the bananas is manageable”
- 2020-09-25 International project seeks new varieties to save the banana from extinction
- 2020-09-25 Costa Rican bananas manage to overcome the pandemic
- 2020-09-25 St. Lucia welcomes new banana variety from Taiwan
- 2020-09-24 Taiwan banana prices fell to freezing point
- 2020-09-24 Ash from Sangay volcano harms quality of export bananas in Guayas and Los Rios
- 2020-09-24 Alcampo bets on the red banana from the Canary Islands
- 2020-09-23 8,596 bananas from Guadeloupe & Martinique offered to the Food Banks
- 2020-09-23 Sangay volcano's volcanic ash affects 55,000 hectares of bananas in Ecuador
- 2020-09-23 Smurfit Kappa presents sustainable BanaBag for banana producers
- 2020-09-22 "We have been the world's leading banana exporter since 1964"
- 2020-09-22 Dept of Agriculture worried about Philippines losing banana export market share
- 2020-09-22 Chinese banana price stabilizes
- 2020-09-22 Demand for green bananas slow in Romanian market
- 2020-09-21 Michoacan's plantain production increases
- 2020-09-21 Philippines: Department of Agriculture allots P262 million for fusarium wilt research